In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WW III- Hype or is it coming?

cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Trouble in the Middle East (still/again)

Trouble in Texas on the Border.

Trouble in Arizona on the Border

Americans Robbed, Killed, Kidnapped by Drug Cartels.

What do you think will be the kick-off?

Or, do you think it will just blow over?

Comments

• Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I think its coming from South America, with barrack friend
    Chavaz, coming up thru mexico, we probably already have all
    their troops in country already, think about it.
    we have no idea how many, or were they are!
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Taiwan is up for elections this year and the leading candidate has stated if his party wins, they will vote to break away OFFICIALLY from China. China has stated IF that happens they will retake Taiwan by military FORCE. The US has stated they will stand by Taiwan should that happen. So should we and China go to war over Taiwan, I bet russia invades China over the former USSR stae (forget which one) that China and Russia have had troubles over before due to OIL. Now that brings ins so many nations that there is your WWIII. SO IMHO I am betting it begins in Asia!
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just finished reading JERUSALEM COUNTDOWN. It has already started. Ed
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chinese in a pincer movement from Canada and Mexico. They will meet in St. Louis...its all over Johnny![:p]
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:They will meet in St. Louis...its all over Johnny!

Do not disregard the american male.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Red Dawn gets released before the November elections. Omen?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Noun 1. world war - a war in which the major nations of the world are involved

Kinda think we are already at it.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got Space Marines[^]
  • Options
    9 on the floor9 on the floor Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought space Marines got their butts kicked by blue, alien vegetarians.

I want the good ol' fashioned, earth-based *-kickin' Marines!
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    we seem to be sending troops all over the world, we have to be gearing up for a "thing" with N. Korea there is sure to be some flap over this Israeli action against the activists trying to bust their
    blockade.
    Iran already has nukes (I would bet money on it) and N. korea seems to be trying to send their limited nuclear arsenal to be launched from locations where they can inflict the most damage to western counties.
    China is sitting back hoping to pick up the pieces
    there is too much going on to think there is not a larger scheme
    in the works. I would almost bet china is giving Iran and N' Korea the technologies they need to start the wars.
    they send them piece by piece thru fed ex and they are putting togethewr a few dozen nuclear weapons here in major American cities all at the same time
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Yep, been underway for a while. Just not Obvious to the average Buffy taking her precocious little Metrosexual-In-Training Fauntleroy to Soccer Practice (where they don't keep score):

Look up "Asymmetric Warfare", then think about the Chinese taking all our production base. Then remember how we really won WWII - We started late, but we outproduced our enemies. Our stuff wasn't the "Best", in most cases, but we made a whole lotta "Pretty Good" stuff. Can't do that now.

Recall how we won the Cold War: We Outspent (In REAL Money) the Russkies, crushing their economy. The Russkies tried to match us (Innovating and Producing) on Loaned/Leveraged Monies.

Now switch back and think about China vs U.S....who holds the I.O.U.s???

North Korea is a CatsPaw for China, gives China Plausible Deniability at the Hague, but does China's bidding. That Theatre is heating Up Real fast.

Ahmanutjob is at or very near Nuking Israel, and the whole world will go preachy on us when we go to Israel's defense (If Obozo actually does). Whether Buckwheat does or does not, the U.S. will catch a lot of the Blame anyway.

What is that noise?? Sounds like a Heavy Train coming this way......

Everybody got their Personal Protection Equipment at the ready - Mouthguard and Helmets, Gasmasks and Filtration and First Aid Kits, Food and Water, Guns/Ammo and Tools, etc?

IMHO, anyway...

Gotta Go and Buy Some Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil - Ciao!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Yep, been underway for a while. Just not Obvious to the average Buffy taking her precocious little Metrosexual-In-Training Fauntleroy to Soccer Practice (where they don't keep score):

Look up "Asymmetric Warfare", then think about the Chinese taking all our production base. Then remember how we really won WWII - We started late, but we outproduced our enemies. Our stuff wasn't the "Best", in most cases, but we made a whole lotta "Pretty Good" stuff. Can't do that now.

Recall how we won the Cold War: We Outspent (In REAL Money) the Russkies, crushing their economy. The Russkies tried to match us (Innovating and Producing) on Loaned/Leveraged Monies.

North Korea is a CatsPaw for China, gives China Plausible Deniability at the Hague, but does China's bidding. That Theatre is heating Up Real fast.

Ahmanutjob is at or very near Nuking Israel, and the whole world will go preachy on us when we go to Israel's defense (If Obozo actually does). Whether Buckwheat does or does not, the U.S. will catch a lot of the Blame anyway.

Everybody got their Personal Protection Equipment at the ready - Mouthguard and Helmets, Gasmasks and Filtration and First Aid Kits, Food and Water, Guns/Ammo and Tools, etc?

IMHO, anyway...

Scary. We are begining to sound alike. I thought I was the Tin Foil Hat Guy/ Sky is falling, dude?[}:)]

BTW, There will be blood. Just not mine.[:(!]
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nuke China, and make Taiwan our *.[;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    Israel will bomb Iran in six months. Iran has enough stuff for two bombs. Israel has to take the mullahs out!
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 9 on the floor

what i want is a crap-load of AMERICANS who are finally fed up with everything and realize their own gov doesnt give a damn about what happens to them
    the most determined adversary to face is one who feels they have nothing to lose
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 9 on the floor

only the fagly kind that take orders from a mega-corporation...
    the Space: Above and Beyond kind that take orders from the military did a pretty good job [;)]
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    Trouble in the Middle East (still/again)
    This is a perpetual, local struggle, very low probability of expanding to a WW.

quote:Trouble in Texas on the Border.

Trouble in Arizona on the Border
    Perpetual, local problem, very low probability of expanding to a WW.
    We might need to kick Mexican * again though.

quote:Americans Robbed, Killed, Kidnapped by Drug Cartels.
    This is a perpetual, local struggle, no chance of expanding to a WW.

quote:What do you think will be the kick-off?

Possibly Pakistan-India problems (this is the east, not the mideast, India is south of China)

More likely, North Korea starts something, or postures sufficiently to provoke a preemptive strike that aims to take out its nuclear capability.
    China, which has been wavering to condemn North Korea (though I cannot blame it if it hasn't seen the evidence itself, given the composition of the countries that conducted the investigation, not exactly neutral third parties, and even if it was a north korean design, there could be malfeasance by a third party trying to provoke a war),
    China may side with the North to prevent us from "playing around in their back yard", or interfering in their affairs, they could easily spin it as imperialism.

Basically.... anything that involves two nuclear armed countries, particularly if one of the sides has a population over 1 billion.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Well you'll know when the big blinding flashes of light happen, and everyones skin starts falling off.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad

IMHO, anyway...

Scary. We are begining to sound alike. I thought I was the Tin Foil Hat Guy/ Sky is falling, dude?[}:)]

BTW, There will be blood. Just not mine.[:(!]

asymetrical warfare is what made us a superpower after wwi..funny part is we did it the same way the chinese are doing it today..

we supplied the europeans on both sides and called in the debt once it was over.. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just read where Israel just move it's nuke sub off Iran stay tuned
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heard yesterday from a gal that has a daughter awaiting to start flight school in Pensacola, she says she has been there for 6 weeks waiting to start and that the program is backed up with record numbers of folk awaiting to get through it.

that only happens for a couple of reason one being, they have increased the number of people going through the program in anticipation of doing more than they are currently doing

read what you will into it but we could just very well be on the brink of the WWIV
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is what China will not do.
    Start a war with the US.
    They would lose a bundle of money and they have become very attached to being wealthy.
    The Chinese people like Americans a bunch and will not be easily motivated to go to war with us.
    China will not go to war over NK, they will posture to prevent us from doing any more than punishing the NKs and we will respect their posturing.

They will take military action to retake Taiwan and IMO it is realistically a part of China and as Hong Kong has proven being reunited will not be a detriment to the average Taiwanese.
    Listen up, we will do absolutely nothing if the Chinese move against Taiwan. Nothing, Nada, Null, Zip.

Chavez is in economic Scheise right now and can not afford to invade Columbia let alone support any Gringoland invasion.

The Mideast will have an event that will turn everything quickly but while that could be tomorrow or ten years we will not be able to predict war with what we know now and when something big happens we will know we are heading to war like it or not.

IMO money will dictate the next war.
    We are worse off than Greece as we are doing nothing to prevent the sovereign debt that has to crush us at some near point creating a dire situation.

Not enough info on when and where as of yet but more things are maneuvering to make it more and more likely sooner than later

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr

I read they move 3 of them to withing

cruise missile range
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr

I read they move 3 of them to withing

cruise missile range

Sounds like ImANutJob is about to have some problems.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    the bottom line is, we need to do something as a nation of citizens to send a positive pmessage to this administration that we know and understand what they are doing. we need to go on strike, completly quit working, employers, lay off your entire staff and have them apply for benefits. sole proprietors need to work under the table only. we need to sanction Obama, Pelosi and the rest of this admin.
    Take away their money, don't buy any bonds, and make a ton of noise.
    I think we are on the verge of a civil war too and when that happens is when WWIII will kick off,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Activists send new boat to challenge blockade...
    Irish ship latest to try and breach embargo...
    Thousands of Gazans rush for Egyptian border...
    Turkey Slams U.S. Response...Israeli gov't defends
    Ahmadinejad: 'Israeli commandos are wild dogs'...
    IRAN 'HAS FUEL FOR TWO NUCLEAR WEAPONS'...
    Syria conducted nuclear experiments...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

Looks like it is heating up. What will tomorrow bring?
  • Options
    edited November -1

A God like figure that will apologize to the world for its troubles and he will print more money for all[?] I bet state run media is "circling the wagons" as we speak.[:D][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

A God like figure that will apologize to the world for its troubles and he will print more money for all[?] I bet state run media is "circling the wagons" as we speak.[:D][;)][:o)]

Read any "Revelations" lately?[}:)]