In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pain Clinic Update

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
When i went to the pain clinic i was worried about how things were going to go. I have heard several bad things about them. My doctor asked me to go so i went.

I was taking 30mg of morphine 2 times a day. 1 in the morning and 1 in the night. I was taking 6 oxycodones 10mg a day.

Now i take 60mg of morphine in the mourning and 30mg at night. She cut my oxycodone from 180 10mg a month to 90 15mg a month.

I get a shot every 3 months of kenalog in the hip from my family doctor.

The pain clinic gives me shots where i hurt the worst. Wens my doctor asked where i was hurting the most and i told her neck pain shooting into the bottom of my head she gave me 2 shots no problem. Plus something just for pain.

The first time i went i did have to take a drug test but that was no big deal. I do not drink or do drugs so thats no big deal.

Overall i give the pain clinic an A+. So glad that i went.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have heard all these stories about how strict they are and all the bad things they do. Like trying to get you off of pain medicine. My family doctor talked me into it.

I will admit they did change my medicine around they gave me more morphine 30 and they cut my oxycodone from 180 to 90. I was skeptical about it but it did work.

I have to go every month for a doctors appointment which is a bummer. With my family doctor i go every 3 months and just go to the reception area to get my prescriptions in between.

Every time i go to the pain clinic she will give me a shot to help with pain. Yesterday when i went she asked where i was hurting the most and she gave me 2 shots in my lower back on each side of my spine. The time before that i had shooting pain in my neck and she gave me 2 shots in my head.

Plus she has given me shots in my knees. I am glad i went just wish i went sooner.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good deal Dave I hope it fixes you up.

I have a question: If you use a pharmacy that you have not gone to before do they give you funny looks when you get pain killers that strong.

Reason I am asking is my vet made gave me a prescription for painkillers for my dog Dusty when he was dying of cancer. I went to fill it and they looked at me and treated me like I was a dope fiend. I told them to call my vet it was for my dog. They did to verify it. I go a little PO'ed.
    RLTW

• Options
    fatercatfatercat Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, what, where pain clinic do you go to? mine is at the VA in Salem, Va. worthless.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I go to Back and Spine Pain Relief clinic. In Rocky Mount NC.

I tried to get the VA to take me but i was denied because i make to much money. I did not want to go to their doctors but i wanted to use their pharmacy. My medicine cost 250 a month.

I live close to a small town and have used that pharmacy for 15 years or so. They all know me and i have never had any problems.

They know what i went through and the problems i am still having. I ask Al the pharmacist sometimes if their is a drug that will help me and have brought the suggestions to my doctor a few times.

I do not mind getting suggestions to make my life and pain better.