In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

boy to sack hunger in Portland with PB&Js

EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Portland boy trying to sack hunger in Portland with PB&Js
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

Kadin Adam, 10, doesn't just play football, he lives it.

As a quarterback on a Parkrose Youth Football team, there's always been something about beating a tackle he loves.

"You get to run the ball and score a touchdown," he said.

But this summer, there's a new end zone Kadin has his sights set on. He's collecting cans and bottles by the dozen and using the money to buy food for the hungry in downtown Portland.

Once he cashes in on the cans and bottles, he buys the fixings for his favorite sandwich: the PB&J. Then, with the help of his mother, he cranks out one sandwich after another.

With sandwiches in hand, he delivers the PB&Js to those living on the streets of downtown Portland.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

http://tiny.cc/1szwjw

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Just what this world needs, another dogooder
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Good for him. Let's hope the government doesn't shut him down.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oregon being a far-leftie state, he'll soon be stopped from doing this - because he hasn't got a food handler's license. The REAL reason of course, is because his efforts aren't controlled by the bureaucrats in charge, and they simply will not allow that to happen.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Once the FDA hears of this, he will be shut down.[V]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Actually private enterprise may beat the government. Some enterprising attorney will recognize the situation, then interview the recipients of the sandwiches and find one that claims to have had an allergic reaction to the peanuts in the peanut butter. Then being a $$ driven ambulance chaser, he'll file suit against the city,state & federal govts for allowing such a horrible activity to take place- several million in punitive damages.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will shut him down and I watch the Grocery stores throw away tons of bread and pastry instead of it going to the needy. They are afraid someone will sue if they get sick and pure BS
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Good for him.

On the other hand,I must be getting tired
    a few hours early,I thought the post said
    Poland.
  • Options
    CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    good work kid. The bad: he and his parents will probably have a lawsuit filed against them within the next couple months. Theyll get sued to fix someones teeth and pay their dental bill or some dumb s/-$