In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Round Two.. The New Mustang

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
This one has good paint.[;)] Even has a U.A.W. sticker in the window[:D][:D] Wife is finally happy with her new car. Has a lower rocker black stripe that is being replaced with a white one.

DSCN2232_zps1c339b37.jpg

DSCN2233_zpsa7ef3b73.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    This one has good paint.[;)] Even has a U.A.W. sticker in the window[:D][:D] Wife is finally happy with her new car. Has a lower rocker black stripe that is being replaced with a white one.

DSCN2232_zps1c339b37.jpg

DSCN2233_zpsa7ef3b73.jpg

I think that I can honestly say that he black stripe adds virtually nothing to the car's appearance:

DSCN2233_zpsa7ef3b73.jpg

DSCN2227_zps7098cfcd.jpg
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So is it an identical car to the other one?
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    OK happy for you and the wife
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aside the stripe and the other one was stripe delete. Dealer is going to remove the black one and install a white one when it comes in. But this one has good paint..[:o)]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    OK happy for you and the wife

That is much more pleasant when heartfelt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gas lid pushes in to open.. There is NO gas cap . They do make a lock one but it has two tabs the gas pump pushes out of the way when filling. I am putting a real gas cap on it.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Very nice, that is about as close as you can get to having a American made car, Actually made in America with 65% American made parts by an American made company
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does it not have a gascap? That is part of emissions around here. Mine pushes in on one side to open, locks when the car doors lock.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see a small little imperfection in the lower......Just kidding. That is a really sharp looking car. My son always wanted one, but one with the white stripe down it and a spoiler in the back. I think it was the GT 500. I like your better. I would love to have an original Shelby with a 429 in it though. Now that was a car. Have you ever met Carrol Shelby? I heard he was a great guy. I seen him a few times on the Barret-Jackson auctions before he passed away. Love to have his money too[:D]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a Taurus that also has no cap for the fuel filler. Says so right inside the door.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    When we traded in my wife's Crown Victoria last November we were looking to stay with a V8 and rear wheel drive, so looked at Mustangs but just not enough car for us. So we went all-wheel drive in a Taurus. I don't understand how a V6 balances, but it does drive nicely. I passed the muscle car stage back when we had muscle cars about 40 years ago.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're gonna lose 10hp by replacing that black strip with a white one.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking car. I think the stripe would look great in silver rather than white, would accent the other chrome/silver on the car where white would be the only white on it. Just my opinion.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"