In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some people really suck

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Looked out in the yard early this a.m. and there was a young cat timidly walking around, sniffing by the burn barrel. We are a long way from town and our road is a cut in between two main county roads. Some worthless turd of a human dumped him last night or early this a.m.

He is a beautiful young male, clean, well fed and obviously an indoor pet. There is no way we can keep him with Dudley (our 14+ year old corgi) as Dud is old, almost blind and actually scared of cats.....Today it was 70 and sunny, tomorrow a high of 40 and storms...

So "George" is currently snoozing in a large cage in our garage with a full tummy and several old towels to keep him warm....too many yotes to leave him outside...tomorrow we will be taking him to the shelter and if necessary paying to have him fixed so he will be adoptable......if I was in the market for a cat, I'd keep this one......

I would enjoy throttling the moron that dumped him........[}:)]

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Maybe it crawled under the hood of the vehicle unnoticed and jumped out?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I considered that. He was clean and had no marks on him. Years ago I ran a group home for delinquent youths. One of our facilities was out in the country and we had young male cats dumped off on a regular basis. Just about the age when they start to spray.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of our dogs was a stray. We suspect he was dumped up where we live on the side of a mountain. That is one of many reasons why people suck.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most folk have problems dealing with the harsh reality of what is right...[8]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    I think I'd have to post a sign:

"Since they can't survive on their own...
    We shoot the pets you dump out here."
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    why not just keep him the garage good way to keep mice away
  • Options
    onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A male full grown cat showed up here last fall. He was very friendly so I let him in the house and fed him. He got along real well with the two other cats and two dogs. He would get on my lap and purr when I was watching TV. He wouldn't use the cat box like the other cats but would scratch at the door to go out. Now the kicker, this cat had the biggest testicles I have ever seen on a cat. They were so big that he had to walk bow legged. He wanted to go out at night and chase *. We found him on the yellow line one morning. We only had him for a month or so but he was a great pet.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by onepopper
    A male full grown cat showed up here last fall. He was very friendly so I let him in the house and fed him. He got along real well with the two other cats and two dogs. He would get on my lap and purr when I was watching TV. He wouldn't use the cat box like the other cats but would scratch at the door to go out. Now the kicker, this cat had the biggest testicles I have ever seen on a cat. They were so big that he had to walk bow legged. He wanted to go out at night and chase *. We found him on the yellow line one morning. We only had him for a month or so but he was a great pet.

Live fast and die young....
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we have two rescue dogs...best buddies ever..one does not get 10' away from wife and she came here dragging a collar and 4" leash and starved to skin and bone ..absolute sweetie...like to beat the bum down that dumped her then thank em for the best little doggie
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know of a place where they flatten cats while you wait.[}:)]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well since you can't keep it your doing the next best thing. You are to be commended.[^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by onepopper

Live fast and die young....

....and leave a good looking corpse!
  • Options
    penguinpenguin Member Posts: 596
    edited November -1
    Shoot the cat and forget it.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are doing the right thing. IMO either shoot them, adopt them or get them where they will have a good life.

Wild cats are some of the most destructive former domestic animals out there. Wild Hogs are probably the only one that is worse.

People that dump off animals are pure scum with no guts. I live in the country and see a lot of that.
    RLTW

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by penguin
    Not all people are trash.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to try a lost and found ad before you have it nutered and give it away. Just saying.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Your Startin' To Make me hate You[8)]quote:Originally posted by penguin
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a little kitty that adopted us, I think it was dropped off, we started feedig it and now we belong to it. She stays outside and I'm concerned about coyotes and feathered predators, gonna feel bad if she gets nabbed. We may take it to the no kill shelter and hope it is adopted, we have too many critters in the house now and Bryann is ready to give them all the boot.

As for the manly men doing manly things, you suck.
    Manly men with inflated egos thumpin thier chests and speaking like Conan The Barbarian "Me kill cat to prove to world I am man"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot
    You might want to try a lost and found ad before you have it nutered and give it away. Just saying.

We called the local shelter to give them his description and our phone number should anyone be looking for him. They can not take him as we are outside their catchment area. So George will be with us another day or so while we look at other options....
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

We called the local shelter to give them his description and our phone number should anyone be looking for him. They can not take him as we are outside their catchment area. So George will be with us another day or so while we look at other options....

First off, I miss our GBGD photographer's pictures. They are truly some of the best pictures ever and I enjoyed viewing them. Hint, Hint.

Why don't you try to introduce the cat slowly to the dog. It took quite a while for my schnauzer and chihuahua to get use to my feral cat. Now they are buds and play in the yard all the time. I never liked cats or wanted one until sox adopted me. Now he will be with me for the rest of his life. I even plan to take him when we move south. He is officially family. [:)][:)][:)] At least give it a shot , if it doesn't work out, put an ad in the paper or on a pole for a free cat. Someone will take it. Oakie
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    I know of a place where they flatten cats while you wait.[}:)]

That is just too damned funny ............[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"