In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sons Of Guns...........

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
On Discovery channel all day, with new season stating at 9:00 PM.

Oh the drama of it all! [;)][:D]
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank God.

I was wondering where I was going to find a show about real-life, old fashioned hard-working and competent entrepreneurs now that 'Gold Rush' is over.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Wonder if that chick is going to take some of the loot they must be making from the show and get her buckteeth fixed? Just askin'[;)]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would rather watch a gilligan's island marathon, i cant even stand that girls nasal voice because of her attitude
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    what i want to know is are her and the moron actually all about each other or is that just for the cameras.

beyond that, some of the builds are cool but the histrionics get old really, really fast; the same reason i stopped watching american chopper in the first season.

its sad and a vicious indictment of both american television interests and the once proud and educational discovery network. i fully support your right to watch mind numbing popcorn television, i just wish there wasnt so damn much of it. it seems to me that theres currently more of this type of insanity on than there is beneficial/educational tv and thats not a good thing...
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    pawn stars,storage wars, pickers,sons of guns and the gold rush shows(at least in the gold shows they do seem to work). how can you believe any of that crap. eastbank.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    pawn stars,storage wars, pickers,sons of guns and the gold rush shows(at least in the gold shows they do seem to work). how can you believe any of that crap. eastbank.

My rule is simplicity in itself.

If the people on camera are aware they are on camera, then I don't consider the show to be reality. Simple, easy to remember.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not proud, I watched the new episode.

Stephanie and Kris got married.

Vince is still MIA.
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Season 2 the year of court. Or who will buy in with FFL?
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We saw the little darlin' daughter at the Shot Show, the way she was dressed looked like she was there to sell something other than firearms.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Shameless on Showtime. I think there's more reality on that show than the made for tv "Reality shows"!!! And Fiona is smoking!!!![:D][:D]
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Thank God.

I was wondering where I was going to find a show about real-life, old fashioned hard-working and competent entrepreneurs now that 'Gold Rush' is over.

did you forget to green this
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tacking1

quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Thank God.

did you forget to green this

Not a fan of the green revolution.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    We saw the little darlin' daughter at the Shot Show, the way she was dressed looked like she was there to sell something other than firearms.
    Once again assertions like this require pictures!!!!! [;)][:D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watched it for the first time last night. Pretty good show. I will watch it again
  • Options
    1FMJ1FMJ Member Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched it once,and only once. Really a sucky show.<1FMJ>
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
    ....I just can't get into it,,,[xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never liked how they act like everything they build is so important, I don't even think one of them was an original idea.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather go have a root canal than watch that show...........