In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of obummer care, rant

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Maybe you fellas remember my friend Steve who was seriously injured in a horse accident. He broke his neck, out of work and is now struggling hard to survive.

Long story short, insurance ran out, medicare/medicaid is screwing him over big time. He is wheelchair bound, has an electric wheel chair that is up for repossesion. Therapy has been stopped and now the doctors want nothing to do with him. He is now on disability, $2000 per month and the only way medicare/medicaid will pick him up is of he surrenders all but around $300 per month of his disability leaving him pretty much with nothing to live on or pay pay bills.

State reps and lawmakers have been written, no replies from any of them, pleads have been made, hearings attended all with negative results.

Steve has worked hard all his life but has been dealt the hand of hard work, little pay and no/very little benifits. Could he have lived life differently? Yes but it does no good to judge him now. He worked, paid taxes all his life and now when he needs help the government pretty much told him to pound sand.

So Steve is classified as a quad even though he is regaining some use of his limbs, not much but there was improvements. He is going to lose his wheelchair and possibly his home, medical care is over and it is only going to go downhill. He has things he can sell but the government came and inventoried all his belongings, put price tags (over market value) on everything and now he cannot sell anything without government permission and they will take most of the money from him.

Obummer care, what a crock!! The old program Steve could have been helped but now a 50 year old white man who worked hard all his life is being told he gets no help at all and to top it off what he has is being taken away.

Welcome to America.

bleening obama can kiss my * with his cow cookies medical care, he is destroying someone I consider a friend and I'm pretty much powerless to help. I can only visit, give him a handshake and a hug and hope for the best.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he needs to change color and speak spanish....this crap will impact ALL of us in some way if DC is not changed big time
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear about your friend. This is what is in store for all of us I'm afraid unless something changes.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's in the exact shape that Obama would love to have all white people. [:(!]
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote - "He has things he can sell but the government came and inventoried all his belongings, put price tags (over market value) on everything and now he cannot sell anything without government permission and they will take most of the money from him."

This is the first that I have ever heard of Medicaid/Medicare actually coming and doing an actual inventory and appraisal. Around here, the people just fill out a listing of their assets, but nothing is ever confirmed.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want something that will really toast your cookies compare the amount of money spent on the programs for the ill. Compared the cost overall to how much actually goes to the needy. The government rakes a HUGE percentage as cost right off the top before the needy get a penny.
  • Options
    ROY222ROY222 Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Throw away all of his IDs.

Then go to the hospital in California and say you are from Brazil and in the country illegally.

100% medical paid.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dam I thought I was having a bad day
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Big Sky Redneck, I believe your friend may have received some bad information. If he is on Social Security Disability he is eligible for Medicare Part A and B enrollment 25 months after his disability payments begin. This is a good place to determine eligibility standards. There are several insurers who will provide a Medicare Advantage plan that is quite inexpensive.

As far as his wheelchair problem - if he can get to the Atlanta area, there is an organization in Stone Mountain, GA called FODAC, who will donate refurbished disability products to people in need free of charge:

FODAC
    4900 Lewis Road
    Stone Mountain, GA 30083
    Phone: 770-491-9014/1-866-977-1204

I hope he can find some of this to be helpful.
  • Options
    ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You went and ruined a perfectly good reason to rant damn the truth
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Big Sky Redneck, I believe your friend may have received some bad information. If he is on Social Security Disability he is eligible for Medicare Part A and B enrollment 25 months after his disability payments begin. This is a good place to determine eligibility standards. There are several insurers who will provide a Medicare Advantage plan that is quite inexpensive.

As far as his wheelchair problem - if he can get to the Atlanta area, there is an organization in Stone Mountain, GA called FODAC, who will donate refurbished disability products to people in need free of charge:

FODAC
    4900 Lewis Road
    Stone Mountain, GA 30083
    Phone: 770-491-9014/1-866-977-1204

I hope he can find some of this to be helpful.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rock, I forwarded your post to his wife Chelle. Thanks!
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1