In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Eating out

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
How long you wait after being seated should you get some sort of service.

Comments

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

It's just according to how hungry I am. If I'm starving they best be taking my order as I'm sitting down. [:D]
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Depends on how good the food is there, how busy they are, and what are my other options are for dining in the area.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always liked eating out I guess it depends on how good its going to be as how long I wait [:D][:D][:p][:p][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how about 20 Minutes and not even a glass of water.
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Five minutes to acknowledge my presence, ten minutes to take my drink order, 15-20 to take my food order. Longer than that and I'll find another place to eat.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e8gm
    Five minutes to acknowledge my presence, ten minutes to take my drink order, 15-20 to take my food order. Longer than that and I'll find another place to eat.

You're more patient than I am. I've walked out in less time. In fact, I've been kicked out in less time. [:D]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate to say it, but thats your fault. I would have gotten up and found a manager after 10 minutes
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, 20 minutes is crazy. As 44 said though, the manager may not be aware and should welcome someone to say what's going on with that server.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Set the table cloth on fire and see if they come by then??[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My last time there I even left a fairly large tip $20 on a $40 bill. At about 15 minutes the Waitress asked if I wanted a Menu I said yes.

Never even got a menu.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    totally unexceptable,I don't care how busy they are,,[V][V]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you still sitting there waiting[:D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

You're more patient than I am. I've walked out in less time. In fact, I've been kicked out in less time. [:D]
    I wannna party with you,,,[;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I probably would not go back.
    What's next?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...I never had a problem walking out...and telling them that I want be back....Tonight,we walked into a Seafood Place on the river, sat down at a good window seat,the waiter was on top of us as we pulled the chairs up...ordered a beer and tea....Guy brought me a Killion Red in a screaming cold bottle with a same frozen mug!...ordered "Crab Claws and Onion Rings".....ate till we popped...he brought me water with out asking...super service!...Bill was 36.00.....well worth it..$10.00 tip..and the guy was astatic....Great night, and great food....BTW doesn't happen often....
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last beer I ordered (Sam Adams) in a restaurant came frozen solid in the bottle [:0] ...yes, I sent it back. quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ....Guy brought me a Killion Red in a screaming cold bottle with a same frozen mug!...
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...I never had a problem walking out...and telling them that I want be back....Tonight,we walked into a Seafood Place on the river, sat down at a good window seat,the waiter was on top of us as we pulled the chairs up...ordered a beer and tea....Guy brought me a Killion Red in a screaming cold bottle with a same frozen mug!...ordered "Crab Claws and Onion Rings".....ate till we popped...he brought me water with out asking...super service!...Bill was 36.00.....well worth it..$10.00 tip..and the guy was astatic....Great night, and great food....BTW doesn't happen often....

Agreed....for outstanding service I will give a very generous tip as well. I have also left no tip before....but that to is a extremely rare occasion.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I had that problem I got up and walked out, got chased out into the store area of the truckstop by an agitated black woman who got real loud demanding I go back in and give her a chance to rectify the problem. Best damn service I ever had at a Dennys [:p]
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,053 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I can't believe how inexpensive food is in the south! Sounds like a wonderful meal and great service too!
    What's next?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walked out of a fairly high end restaurant because we had not been approached within 10 minutes of being seated.

We were offered a free meal voucher for our next visit and refused it.

Poor service is just not worth it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    right after the clothes come off[;)][}:)][:D]quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe it or not, many franchise restaurants get inspected and graded on their timing. My wife is one of those "secret shoppers". She gets assigned various restaurants to inspect. A watch is the key tool. "How long did you wait before seating?" "What was the name of person who sat you?" "How long after seating was your menu presented and your drink order taken?" "How long before your meal order was taken?" "How long before it was delivered?" "Did a manager circulate by your table and engage you in a casual conversation?" etc etc. Those are a sample of the standard test evaluation form. I usually accompany her and help record the times. It's fun being a spy. [:D]