In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7th Grader suspended

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
This is how they're grooming the next generation for complete total and utter obedience to do exactly what your told or there will be swift and severe punishment. I can even see this being held against this child during adulthood.

Seventh-grader suspended for bringing miniature gun keychain to school

It's only September, and the punishments for students who have toy guns are already starting to pile up. In this case, 12-year-old Joseph Lyssikatos was suspended from Alan Shawn Feinstein Middle School in Coventry, R.I., after, he said, a toy gun keychain fell out of his backpack and another boy started playing with it. Joseph said he won the keychain, which is not much larger than a quarter, at an arcade. In addition to a three-day suspension, the seventh-grader will miss a class field trip. "That's disgraceful because . being suspended for three days and this big punishment is enough for him mentally," Joseph's mother, Bonnie Bonanno, told NBC 10. School officials said they could not comment on the specifics of the disciplinary action, but they did point to the school's zero tolerance policy for guns and gun replicas.

LINK
http://now.msn.com/joseph-lyssikatos-rhode-island-seventh-grader-suspended-for-toy-gun-keychain

Comments

• Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    It's a key chain!!!! I have one, what a joke[:(]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zero Tolerance=Zero Judgement.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Freakin worthless idiots
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    And again, under what authority are these suspensions made??? The school board???
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    plus zero brains!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little brat should be flogged. I sure hope they bring in counselors for the children that may have seen the black AR15 machine gun.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're brainwashing kids to hate guns. Between that and conservative minded people having fewer children than they used to, we're going to be in real trouble in 10-20 years.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of my friends daughter, a HS junior honor student and violin virtuioso, honored at her school and state competition was suspended for 3 days because......when she got a car ( which she worked and saved for 1 year to get)her father bought her a tiny little Swiss army knife keychain.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.

Mark Twain
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad

Bingo!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Not too strange when one considers the totality of the record. Last week some kid was suspended from school because he was shooting an airsoft rifle, on private property (was near a bus stop and apparently some kids at the stop were shot at).

Earlier still we had the 1st grader suspended from school for having a make-believe hand grenade at school.

We also had the student that was suspended for biting his snack into the shape of a gun (he was trying to make a mountain... instead the school made that [:I]).

And then there was the student that got the ok from a teacher to bring a super soaker to school and was suspended when it was used to make other kids wet before school.

And then there was the kid who was suspended for wrestling a loaded gun away from another student on a bus (the gun was being pointed at another student).

And then there was the student that got suspended for bringing a handful of handgun ammo (no gun) to school.

And then there was the high school kid who was suspended because he had forgotten to take his guns out of his trunk, from when he'd been shooting recreationally the weekend prior. They were never removed from the car and no threats were ever made.

The list goes on....

So yeah, upsetting but not too surprising.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    The gun on a keychain has been happening periodically for 30 years.

Chickenpoop rules made by chickenpoops.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    They're brainwashing kids to hate guns. Between that and conservative minded people having fewer children than they used to, we're going to be in real trouble in 10-20 years.

Luckily the liberals are pro happy and abortion. They will be in as bad or worse shape as the gop.
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7

Luckily the liberals are pro happy and abortion. They will be in as bad or worse shape as the gop.

shame they cant un-breed their existance a little quicker ...
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:School officials said they could not comment on the specifics of the disciplinary action, but they did point to the school's zero tolerance policy for guns and gun replicas the constitution.
    I fixed it for them. [:(]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Nobody is grooming the kiddies.

The school district has some idiotic sniveling nervous pansies wetting their delicate undies at imaginary fears.

The former is the stuff of the foil hat wearing crowd. The latter may use a bit of rhetorical exaggeration but is essentially correct in assigning these sort of decisions to bad judgement, ignorance and unfounded fears.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    From kindergarten through my HS Senior year, I carried a pocket knife, as did every boy I knew. There was never one incident in all those years.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

-Mark Twain
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kannoneer
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

-Mark Twain

False quote, wrongly attributed.

It was actually said by President Theodore Roosevelt in response to a comment from Al Gore that the Atlantic Squadron of the Great White Fleet was putting too much coal ash into the air.