In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Keltec KSG

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Is this typical performance based on your experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVii2K1j5k
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Made of WAY overpriced unobtanium!

Just like the pmr-30!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not impressed with them.

I was at a 3 gun match and a guy had one. He was messing with it the whole time and it never ran 100%.

Another time at the Range a different guy was shooting one and it was kicking his butt.

I shot 10 rounds out of it, all low brass game loads, and it kicked a lot harder than say a 870 with the same loads. I don't have a beard but the brass did hit my arm and I had 1 failure to load.

I am not a fan of bull-pup designs. I don't like the fact that the receiver/chamber is hard to check especially in the KSG.

Thats my 2 cents and I am no expert on them at all. I have seen 2 being shot(maybe 100 rds) and shot 10 rounds out of one of them.
    RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought something else .. and very satisfied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyNoCnO4B4
  • Options
    KampfJaegerKampfJaeger Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh? I like my PMR 30. Its fun to shoot. It's pretty darn accurate for such a short barrel. It's loud as all heck, and it's fun to watch the other people on the range take notice when you fire 15 and keep on goin' without reloading.

If you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and load the magazines properly you don't have any misfeeds. Like all Grendels/KelTeks they're oddities, and don't compare favorably to many other fine firearms, but I think they're good fun. I've watched the youtubes bashing the PMR 30, and it's clear they did not read the instruction manual...
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of the ksgs. excellent shotgun. have fired well over 500rds through it with no problems at all. paid 900.00 for mine, just before the panic. I think it kicks way less than my other pump guns. even my 10yr old boy thinks it kicks less. I say buy one, you will like it. cant take it to the range without everyone and their brother wanting to try it.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the front grip may have caused the trouble.

He's pumping the action perpendicular to the slide where when pumped with your hand on the fore end it's parallel with the slide?

Here is a Hickok45 review. He didn't have any trouble with his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNrX-9P--0
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KampfJaeger
    Oh? I like my PMR 30. Its fun to shoot. It's pretty darn accurate for such a short barrel. It's loud as all heck, and it's fun to watch the other people on the range take notice when you fire 15 and keep on goin' without reloading.

If you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and load the magazines properly you don't have any misfeeds. Like all Grendels/KelTeks they're oddities, and don't compare favorably to many other fine firearms, but I think they're good fun. I've watched the youtubes bashing the PMR 30, and it's clear they did not read the instruction manual...
    I had forgotten that this thread was on the PMR 30.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Be nice if they used something other than bulk federal. Not the greatest stuff on the planet.

No excuse for non function but that stuff isn't alway quality either.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i havent heard consistent good reviews for that or the other new bullpup pump
    heard a couple good and bad for each

Ill stick with 870 and benelli
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    I think the front grip may have caused the trouble.

He's pumping the action perpendicular to the slide where when pumped with your hand on the fore end it's parallel with the slide?

Here is a Hickok45 review. He didn't have any trouble with his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNrX-9P--0

I saw both of the videos before this post. I was wondering if he either got a bad gun or it was the vertical grip myself. All the videos I see on the KSG show it working well. Either they all do or nobody is putting up videos of it not working well. Think I still want one. In FDE.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a real crunch-en-ticker. [xx(]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burpfire- Thanks for the post. Have you expierenced the empties hammering into your arm like this guy did? I could see that often it dodn't look like he put a full stroke on the action, nor did he look particularly smoothin his motions but the way the video went I wasn't sure if it was him or the shotgun.

Thanks-
  • Options
    45forme45forme Member Posts: 948 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen them run just fine. The guy did have a bruise on his shoulder the next day.

Everyone who shoots them always forgets to change over the lever when one mag is out.

For the price, get the Benelli M4 and put an extension tube on it. If you have to have a bullpup, it is probably more reliable than the UTS-15
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    I don't have one but have sold a bunch. I've got to mess around with them but haven't shot one. They actually seem to be made well. And I kind of like them. Maybe it's just the novelty of them , I don't know. But they are not just a big chunk of plastic like you would think.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I'd love to have one because it looks like fun. Would like to have a massive gun room attached to a small house, and a really huge garage on the other side of the small house. Surrounded by my toys! [:D]

Can't afford a FSG. Have a pair of Mossbergs, one has a bayonet.

It's cheap, and it works, so I'm good.