In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Am I Wrong

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Found on the Blackpowder Forum

mwtownsend
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 02/23/2009 : 10:11:37 AM

Just a quick note to let all know i scored with both. My new 1894 marlin 41 mag, as well as my staghorn 50 this weekend. I caught first deer off feeder at about 140yds which was Way longer than i wanted to try with the 41 but now problem it went down on the spot. When i fired the other deer went every where one young buck ran right for me and at about fifty yards he tuned away and i took the shot a full run and hit him behind right shoulder and exited in front of left. (luck, pure and simple) Gun performed perfect. Deer three yesterday morning was a doe on feeder at 85 yds she was nervous as a thief on crack. Something spooked other deer and she was facing straight at me and would not turn. I should have let her pass but wasn't capable. I took her straight down the middle. I'm hooked on the smoke as of now. Great weekend, great ranch, can't wait for next year. Check out Knickerbocker Ranch, San Angelo Texas You will be blown away. I'll let you know how Spring Turkey season goes. However with birds every where you look it will be a breeze with the 32 cal. smoker i'm buying next.(squirrels be wear).
mike t.

Chief Shaway

1609 Posts
Posted - 02/24/2009 : 7:42:58 PM

So let me get this straight.
#1, You are shooting deer on feeders.
#2, You took a shot that was "Way longer" than you wanted to try but took it anyway.
#3, You took a shot a a running deer and with "luck pure and simple" you hit it.
#4, You took a shot "down the middle" that you should have "let her pass but couldn't".

In my opinion,
#1, You are not a hunter.
#2, You have no hunter ethics.
#3, You were probably shooting in a high fence area.
#4, Your whole post is absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Edited by - Chief Shaway on 02/24/2009 7:44:14 PM

Chief Shaway

1609 Posts
Posted - 02/24/2009 : 10:28:25 PM

As sent to me from the poster via E-mail.

You would be right if i was a average shot. But i am not. I have 14 championship trophies on the wall. Three of which are for moving targets. And two of which are national matches. The post was written for average marksmen and not written as a bragging page for me.
But I'm sure that doesn't compute for you.
mike

Mike, I will post this where it needs to be posted.
I stand by my post. You can have as many trophies on the wall as you want. Good for you. Be proud.
As YOU stated, the shots you took were way longer, luck, pure and simple, and down the middle that you couldn't let pass.
I still stand by my statment that you are not a ethical hunter by going by what YOU posted.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29774114
    So my winning bid should have been 3.25 not 5.25
    lowest winning bid price.

Dutch Auctions

Dutch auctions are a special format in which the seller has multiple identical items to sell. You can bid on anywhere from one item to the available quantity of items. At the auction close, all winning bidders win their items at the lowest winning bid price.

For example, a seller may have five copies of Stephen King's 'The Stand' (on videotape) to sell. Each copy of 'The Stand' is three videotapes together as a set. In the auction listing, the quantity posted will be 5, and the bid price is the amount bid for each item. If you want to bid on two copies at $10 each, you enter 2 in the Quantity field and 10.00 in the Bid Amount field. You do not enter 20.00 in the bid amount field, as this would be a bid for 2 copies at $20 each.

You can identify Dutch auctions by the blue (D) in the item title, and because the quantity listed in the item listing will be greater than one. A Dutch auction cannot have a Reserve Price.

AutoBid is not enabled on Dutch auctions[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For setting people straight on the Difference between

Memorial Day = For the Fallen

and

Veterans Day = Those still with us.

JUst does not sit well with me when the say

Have a good day, enjoy Yourself and such.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am ex military and i think the AMERICANS killed in Benghazi are more important than all the people killed in Syria.

Not that we should do nothing in Syria but our people come first.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your not wrong.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    absolutely correct
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,498 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are wrong.

They are not more important, but their killings should be of greater concern for our government as they were Americans.

Each individual life is as important as another.

Some we have responsibility for and some we do not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was never Military, but I agree fully.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    You are wrong.

They are not more important, but their killings should be of greater concern for our government as they were Americans.

Each individual life is as important as another.

Some we have responsibility for and some we do not.

+1
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your right on the money Dave. I am sick and tired of being the worlds 911
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    I am ex military and i think the AMERICANS killed in Benghazi are more important than all the people killed in Syria.

Not that we should do nothing in Syria but our people come first.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. A life is a life... no matter what their nationality or race. 4 vs. 100k+? Really?

With that being said, we have no business intervening in someone else's civil war.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct, the flop eared monkey in the white house will choose his own first.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Your right on the money Dave. I am sick and tired of being the worlds 911Amen!
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger
    You are correct, the flop eared monkey in the white house will choose his own first.

I agree with the last thing dav1965 said, but you are 100% off base. There's no muslim jihadist in the White House, no matter how tightly you embrace that delusion.

All life is equally valued, but yes Americans have to come first. We risk no American lives by knocking on some nut job butcher's door with cruise missiles. It is entirely appropriate when civilized nations do so.

It is wrong that it takes so much death and murder and slaughter of innocents by bullets and bombs and nothing much is done, only to finally see the world take notice because chemicals were tossed into the mix. That hypocrisy does not erase the moral obligation of a civilized society. Doing the wrong thing (nothing) is not an excuse to doing more of the wrong thing.

Doesn't sound like we will be able to do much, too much isolationist and partisan bullcrap in the way.