In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UPDATE: JFK: Newly released top secret documents

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
This story goes back to, perhaps, the most popular or believable conspiracy claim at the time that Russia was behind the JFK assassination:

Newly released top secret documents may show that Russia was behind the assassination of JFK

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/27/newly-released-top-secret-documents-may-show-that-russia-was-be/23053146/

ADDED:

Watch the following three videos, one an animation of the killing and the other two being parts of a recreation of the shots:

JFK Assassination Computer Animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPrzCGVi3_E

JFK Assassination - Head shot recreation (Part 1)
https://ruclip.com/video/9RCX3RdVHqo/jfk-assassination-head-shot-recreation-part-1.html

JFK Assassination - Head shot recreation (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RX2phbWmgA
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that article was a big fat zero!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D]

[?]
    What's next?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That article didn't give any information that has'nt already Been released
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

That's very true, but show me an article, by date, about this specific subject that anyone but old farts or conspiracy aficionados are familiar with. I'm not saying that you can't find a recent one...but I don't recall anyone putting this notion forward in ages...ymmv.
    What's next?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    funny how the conspiracy surfaces blaming whatever country we are having a tiff with at the time

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

and dont forget UFO Aliens
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somewhere, there is somebody with convincing (to him) "proof" that Elvis did it.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    funny how the conspiracy surfaces blaming whatever country we are having a tiff with at the time

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

I agree. The fact remains the Oswald-Russian connection was the very first and biggest story regarding the killing of JFK, as I recall. What do you recall on this note, Dan?
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Somewhere, there is somebody with convincing (to him) "proof" that Elvis did it.

That! Or Bullwinkle...no s***! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Putin did it?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

I agree. The fact remains the Oswald-Russian connection was the very first and biggest story regarding the killing of JFK, as I recall. What do you recall on this note, Dan?

i wasn't born yet, but back to my original theory, we where in the height of the cold war then and thought war was eminent with Russia and Cuba

this is one of many things that make me leary of our own government propaganda to get us to back them, wmd's 20 years ago, now north korea has a missile that can hit chicago when 6 months ago they couldn't get one out of their own waters
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,393 ******
    edited November -1
    All conspiracy theories put together will lead you to the truth.....it was a suicide![:0]

The decision to travel in an open air automobile put the bull's-eye right on JFK's head.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill & Hillary were too young to buy a gun, so we can't blame them.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Bill & Hillary were too young to buy a gun, so we can't blame them.

Neal

no but they killed jfk jr.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3539583/Conspiracy-theorist-claims-Hillary-Clinton-murdered-John-F-Kennedy-Jnr-planning-run-senate-seat-shocking-new-book.html
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******
    edited November -1
    ....I always knew there was more to it,,,
  • Options
    edited November -1

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

i wasn't born yet, but back to my original theory, we where in the height of the cold war then and thought war was eminent with Russia and Cuba

this is one of many things that make me leary of our own government propaganda to get us to back them, wmd's 20 years ago, now north korea has a missile that can hit chicago when 6 months ago they couldn't get one out of their own waters

Here's the story of the day as I recall - forget about JFK, Cuba, and all of the conspiracies surrounding the assassination for a moment. Oswald, still in the Marines in 1959 and stationed in Japan where our U-2 flights over Russia originated. He gets discharged from the Marines in 1959 and defects to Russia post haste. Gary Powers gets shot down over Russia in his U-2 while between 70 to 80,000 feet over Russia. Word has it that the knowledge that Oswald had enabled the Russians to fix their anti-aircraft fire/rockets at the right altitude, and bang...the first U-2 was shot out of the sky. Plain and simple, Oswald was a Marine rifleman Sharpshooter, which is to say that he was a good shot with the very best typical military training available to military men. You can take it from there as to what happened after Oswald returned to the states, but all eyes were initially on a potential Russia-Oswald conspiracy, and for good reason - somehow these facts are seldom discussed. Once everybody and their brother got in on the story, to include, Zapruder, everybody and their brother was more confused than ever. Basically, in the beginning the primary belief was that Oswald acted alone in killing Kennedy, and now after all of the above and every possible scenario one can imagine, the lone assassin idea has once again gained a big following. I have often doubted the lone shooter theory, but I always go back to it as the most plausible possibility.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i too used to believe there was a conspiracy until i got heavy into competition and learned how heightened the senses can be trained and that there is no such thing as "the perfect sight picture"

they claim his shots where impossible, 3 shots fired at 75yards in 4.8 to 5.6 seconds

i have found that this time is an eternity and put to an actual timer is no problem at all for anyone that would practice such shooting

ever wonder why women are better shots out of the box than men ?
    because we overthink it all

do you consider yourself a good driver ?
    but do you have the heightened senses it takes a nascar driver to do it at 200mph?

not a bolt action, but this is 11 shots @ 100yrds in 3.4 seconds 4" group i did after sighting the gun in just for fun {on a timer}

N2YDdmBl.jpg

thats .309 seconds per shot, take that down to 3 shots and 2 bolt cycles 5.6 seconds is an eternity

FLAME AWAY G.B. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i too used to believe there was a conspiracy until i got heavy into competition and learned how heightened the senses can be trained and that there is no such thing as "the perfect sight picture"

they claim his shots where impossible, 3 shots fired at 75yards in 4.8 to 5.6 seconds

i have found that this time is an eternity and put to an actual timer is no problem at all for anyone that would practice such shooting

ever wonder why women are better shots out of the box than men ?
    because we overthink it all

do you consider yourself a good driver ?
    but do you have the heightened senses it takes a nascar driver to do it at 200mph?

not a bolt action, but this is 11 shots @ 100yrds in 3.4 seconds 4" group i did after sighting the gun in just for fun {on a timer}

N2YDdmBl.jpg

thats .309 seconds per shot, take that down to 3 shots and 2 bolt cycles 5.6 seconds is an eternity

FLAME AWAY G.B. [:D]

[;)] There ya go! I don't know the actual time it took him to fire three shots, but I'd think it was around 6 to 7 seconds, maybe not though.
    What's next?
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being influenced by doctrine and associating with like minded people doesn't mean these people where a part of the assassination. Oswald had his reasons, associating with these people very well may have influenced his thinking and contributed to his actions. That doesn't make them responsible or a part of it. They may have been, but someone needs to prove it.

People who talk about how he couldn't shoot that fast, and present it as fact, really aggravate me. Any country boy that spends any time with his rifle can shoot a bolt gun that fast and hit a slow moving target the size of a man's head.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Being influenced by doctrine and associating with like minded people doesn't mean these people where a part of the assassination. Oswald had his reasons, associating with these people very well may have influenced his thinking and contributed to his actions. That doesn't make them responsible or a part of it. They may have been, but someone needs to prove it.

People who talk about how he couldn't shoot that fast, and present it as fact, really aggravate me. Any country boy that spends any time with his rifle can shoot a bolt gun that fast and hit a slow moving target the size of a man's head.

You're so [:D]right! I mean it was stone coincidence Oswald was a recent hire at TSBD!!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

I am guessing you forgot about the chemical weapons that we found in Saddam's bunkers? Yes Chemical weapons are considered WMD.

North Korea has been testing rockets and designs for a long time, and have been getting their hands on technology from more developed nations. Eventually they were going to figure it out. A country that is determined to do something can do it...don't forget the P-51 Mustang was designed and flown in less than 120 days and it could go from London to Berlin and back!

That all being said yes I do agree with your basic argument that our GOVT, republican or democrat run, has no problems twisting half truths to push an agenda...its par for the course for them.[:D]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,393 ******
    edited November -1
    I have no doubt that Oswald could do the three shots within the range accurately.

It is the fatal head shot that blew back in the supposed shooter's direction that keeps me on the more than one shooter list.

The "magic" bullet is one thing but a boomerang bullet just don't cut the mustard!
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The kiddies crossed daddies deal with the mob.
    The end. x2
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    I have no doubt that Oswald could do the three shots within the range accurately.

It is the fatal head shot that blew back in the supposed shooter's direction that keeps me on the more than one shooter list.

The "magic" bullet is one thing but a boomerang bullet just don't cut the mustard!

Pretty basic anatomy and physic principles involved. The explanation is available if you want to know, if you don't, it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Not True Rocky![:(!] And I don't know why you would allege such. I talked with Elis last week and he had nothing to do with it. He was visiting friends in Sandpoint at the time.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Watch the following three videos, one an animation of the killing and the other two being parts of a recreation of the shots:

JFK Assassination Computer Animation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPrzCGVi3_E

JFK Assassination - Head shot recreation (Part 1)
    https://ruclip.com/video/9RCX3RdVHqo/jfk-assassination-head-shot-recreation-part-1.html

JFK Assassination - Head shot recreation (Part 2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RX2phbWmgA
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Not True Rocky![:(!] And I don't know why you would allege such. I talked with Elis last week and he had nothing to do with it. He was visiting friends in Sandpoint at the time.

Agree Rocky...Elvis and Bullwinkle were having coffee together at Graceland and were overheard agreeing that Wiley Coyote finally made a score!
    What's next?
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    The end. x2

Don't piss off Sinatra
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the beginning the media went all out blaming right wing fanatics.
    They were convinced it was the KKK or some similar group.
    Everyone was stunned when it turned out to be a Communist. That may be why so many conspiracy theories have cropped up as many still refuse to believe what happened.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    In the beginning the media went all out blaming right wing fanatics.
    They were convinced it was the KKK or some similar group.
    Everyone was stunned when it turned out to be a Communist. That may be why so many conspiracy theories have cropped up as many still refuse to believe what happened.

Momentarily stunned, perhaps, but it all made good sense once the story spread.

Texans let it be known that they did not want him in the state. Oswald was also a Texan. As I recall, this feeling and news was so strong that he was advised not to go there.
    What's next?
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    The end. x2

Don't piss off Sinatra

And Ruby -mob connected -offed the shooter.
    The one they caught. [;)]
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1

Dead, they will accuse an innocent of the deed, the guilty one hidden in the misty copse.

Go figure.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm surprised the media hasn't pinned it on Bush or Trump.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    I'm surprised the media hasn't pinned it on Bush or Trump.

[:)]

Give them and the progressive politicians a little more time and they will have Trump and America bogged down in nation building again like the world has never seen.
    What's next?
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    Fact is he's dead, after that the DEMOCRAPS started to be the dirtiest party known to america!. A lot of their slime rubbed against the republicans also.
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    Fact is he's dead, after that the DEMOCRAPS started to be the dirtiest parts known to america!. A lot of their slime rubbed against the republicans also.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Russia
    Cuba
    Israel

inside the U.S.

CIA
    Mafia
    secret service
    Lyndon B. Johnson
    New Orleans

Here's the story of the day as I recall - forget about JFK, Cuba, and all of the conspiracies surrounding the assassination for a moment. Oswald, still in the Marines in 1959 and stationed in Japan where our U-2 flights over Russia originated. He gets discharged from the Marines in 1959 and defects to Russia post haste. Gary Powers gets shot down over Russia in his U-2 while between 70 to 80,000 feet over Russia. Word has it that the knowledge that Oswald had enabled the Russians to fix their anti-aircraft fire/rockets at the right altitude, and bang...the first U-2 was shot out of the sky. Plain and simple, Oswald was a Marine rifleman Sharpshooter, which is to say that he was a good shot with the very best typical military training available to military men. You can take it from there as to what happened after Oswald returned to the states, but all eyes were initially on a potential Russia-Oswald conspiracy, and for good reason - somehow these facts are seldom discussed. Once everybody and their brother got in on the story, to include, Zapruder, everybody and their brother was more confused than ever. Basically, in the beginning the primary belief was that Oswald acted alone in killing Kennedy, and now after all of the above and every possible scenario one can imagine, the lone assassin idea has once again gained a big following. I have often doubted the lone shooter theory, but I always go back to it as the most plausible possibility.

Yes, indeed he did all by himself. Nobody helped him. Not only JFK, he shot to death police officer J. D. Tippet, and attempted to kill General Edwin Walker, missing him by inches at Walker's Dallas home. The morning after the attempt on Walkers life, the FBI agent who was assigned to keep track of Oswald was ordered to go to the residence where Oswald was staying and check. Oswald was out, his wife Marina was there and she said that Lee Harvey had come home at daybreak and confessed to her that he had taken a shot at Walker. Her exact words were, "Oh, my crazy crazy husband." The bullet which drove the police office'rs uniform button almost thru his body was matched to the .38 Special revolver found on Oswald at his arrest.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That's very true, but show me an article, by date, about this specific subject that anyone but old farts or conspiracy aficionados are familiar with. I'm not saying that you can't find a recent one...but I don't recall anyone putting this notion forward in ages...ymmv.

I'm not going to go searching for a more recent article, but then again I'm not going to go searching for a recent article that says that it has been discovered that the world is round not flat.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'm not going to go searching for a more recent article, but then again I'm not going to go searching for a recent article that says that it has been discovered that the world is round not flat.

I wouldn't either, nor did I think you would.
    What's next?