In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone else heard

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
about Trump pulling a fast one on everyone and getting funding for the wall in this latest spending bill by using the portion allotted for the military for beefing up the border?

I caught a part of an interview of Sebastian Gorka on the Larry Elder show and that is what they were discussing. They were considering it a genius move, a kind of end around which the Dems failed to see. I haven't seen anything else on it yet but wonder if it is real?

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and i talked about it a feww days ago
    it is part of our defense and security .. a small strech but I am not a lawyer
    I bet the libs and dems heads are about to explode when he tipped his hat and said FU I mean thank you for my wall money [:D][:D][:D][:D]
    JHHO if true he did a shell game well beyond what could have been imagined [^][^][^]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    It todays atmosphere of terrorism and bioweapons, an open border is a clear and present danger.
    Homeland Security or whoever owns the Border Patrol should have the burden of building the wall, however, DOD does have the money when the other two outfits don't.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Defense" and "the fence" sounds pretty much the same if you don't listen real carefully. [;)]........[:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on guys...Trump has a golf course in Jersey.

Of course it's da same woid![:D]
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    beat the dems at their own game
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well if it is true, he wins some points back with me. [:D]
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard someone mention him wanting the military to build the wall, never did hear the whole story though.. figured it was not bad idea, sure beats them getting shot at over in the sandbox.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Well, of the nearly 1800 miles of wall that's already built; turns out that the (d)s are whining about a measly 33 miles that they refuse to fund.
    Idiots.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will believe it when I see it. Until such a time the wall is built I will maintain he screwed his supporters.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I will believe it when I see it. Until such a time the wall is built I will maintain he screwed his supporters.
    Yep.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Good practice for the engineering battalions
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he follows through with it, he will guarantee that any future legislation will be much more cumbersome and detailed, limiting him and future Presidents the flexibility to play the same game.

Probably a good strategy, as it should be Congress that allocates and directs spending, not a President playing fast and loose with the people's money.

We have a real readiness problem in our armed services today. He said he signed the bill to address that problem. The money would be better spent getting the 50%+ of the Marine Corps F/A-18s that are now grounded back in the air.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember this was a spending bill, not a budget. It's good for 6 months, and that ends right about Oct. Just in time for an Oct surprise? Just my $.02
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if no one else will defend our country against open border and criminals would the military bypass the rules and engage...damn sure better do it
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have little doubt that the Trump strategy was to get wall funding through the military budget. I wonder however whether it was worth it when you consider all the other spending in that bill.

I think he may have given away to much to get the wall funded in this manner.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I said this when someone posted the original thread on him signing the bill. Red Castle in Green Castle... Everyone probably thought I was crazy[:D]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crazy like a fox...
    "What is truth?'