In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Malaysia says there's sealed evidence on MH370

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Not one piece of the wreckage has been identified as coming from MH370 yet they have confirmed all are dead and flew into southern Indian oceans and disappeared!

serf

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/missing-mas-plane/story/malaysia-says-theres-sealed-evidence-mh370-cannot-be-made-publ

Comments

• nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of thoughts on this.

1. Spectre from james bond took the plane are planning a sinister plot on the west or another enemy. No but really maybe an organization terrorist or not has it. But I find this a small probability as keeping 250 passengers and crew quiet and hidden would be hard. Plus landing a plane then hiding it, is another project in its self.

2. The most probable action was that nobody really knows. People find it hard in the year 2014 an aircraft just vanishes and then try to come some explanation of what really happened. The world is still a pretty big place and lots of things can happen. I think the malysian government is mum more or less due to the fact they are embaressed and dont want to be seen as idiotic for losing the plane.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know where it is.....
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    It will Be Back[:(]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't believe Malaysia if they told me the sun was shining. What a bunch of morons.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I wouldn't believe Malaysia if they told me the sun was shining. What a bunch of morons.

Bingo.

They are a bunch of morons. I find it hard to believe that in that area a Plane is not under Radar and mean real radar at all times.
    [xx(][xx(]
    RLTW

• Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87

I am afraid you are right, Woody.

I saw someone ask last night why you would take a plane now, if you didn't plan to use it for mayhem until months later.

Time is the answer. Time for people to lose interest. Time for vigilance to drop away. Time for preparation to do something bad.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

I saw someone ask last night why you would take a plane now, if you didn't plan to use it for mayhem until months later.

Time is the answer. Time for people to lose interest. Time for vigilance to drop away. Time for preparation to do something bad.

Here's the flaw in that argument. The prep work should be done before you initiate the operation. You dont plan half an op, kick it off, then take a several month break and plan the rest of it. You have the whole thing planned before you start. Doing it the other way adds a huge risk factor(being discovered) that isn't needed.

We're not likely any more vigilant(at least in this country) for wayward aircraft than we were before it went missing, and we won't be any less vigilant when it's found or forgotten. We have kind of an institutional paranoia re aircraft in this country now. I don't think it changes much.

Stealing the plane now for a summer fall op wouldn't make any sense, unless somehow the aircraft needed months of modification, in which case, where is this being done that has facilities for this type of aircraft but doesn't have radar coverage? You don't land, service, modify, and launch a 777 from a tent in terrorist land. We're not talking a Cessna here.

If this is part of a terrorist op, a government is complicit. Not impossible, but that's stretching it imnsho.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18

Here's the flaw in that argument. The prep work should be done before you initiate the operation. You dont plan half an op, kick it off, then take a several month break and plan the rest of it. You have the whole thing planned before you start. Doing it the other way adds a huge risk factor(being discovered) that isn't needed.

We're not likely any more vigilant(at least in this country) for wayward aircraft than we were before it went missing, and we won't be any less vigilant when it's found or forgotten. We have kind of an institutional paranoia re aircraft in this country now. I don't think it changes much.

Stealing the plane now for a summer fall op wouldn't make any sense, unless somehow the aircraft needed months of modification, in which case, where is this being done that has facilities for this type of aircraft but doesn't have radar coverage? You don't land, service, modify, and launch a 777 from a tent in terrorist land. We're not talking a Cessna here.

If this is part of a terrorist op, a government is complicit. Not impossible, but that's stretching it imnsho.

When people take a line like this I wonder at how much they could be over looking what to me is an obvious reality. If someone wanted to steal the plane, regardless of when they want to use it, they have to steal it when the window of opportunity exist. One scenerio would be one of the pilots was involved. If so they may have had to steal it while he was gung ho to do it before he changed his mind. There are other possible reasons that could make it neccessary to steal it on a less then preferred schedule.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

When people take a line like this I wonder at how much they could be over looking what to me is an obvious reality. If someone wanted to steal the plane, regardless of when they want to use it, they have to steal it when the window of opportunity exist. One scenerio would be one of the pilots was involved. If so they may have had to steal it while he was gung ho to do it before he changed his mind. There are other possible reasons that could make it neccessary to steal it on a less then preferred schedule.

But again, where are they keeping this plane hidden from the world? This isn't a Cessna 180 here...
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5

But again, where are they keeping this plane hidden from the world? This isn't a Cessna 180 here...

You are talking about an airplane hanger. It is a big building. Airports have those.

As far as a country being complicit, I am pretty sure we asked Pakistan if they knew where Osama Bin Laden was hanging out.

They said 'No'.

Turns out they were 'misinformed'.....
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Which ever way the Malaysian officials say it went, then look in the opposite direction. I don't trust them.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    This is the boomerang story.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    False Flag coming soon.
  • 0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any extra 7.62 I can get before the dirty bomb hits?
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FCD that is entirely plausible.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    FCD that is entirely plausible.

makes sense to me too.
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:

And how many years did the USA keep the stealth bombers and fighters hidden from it's citizens......right here in the USA.
    [;)]

Your talking the richest country in the world with the biggest defense budget. Not some terrorist group. Stealth was known more than you think. problem is 25 years ago you didnt have email, cell phones, facebook, etc. So information was a lot easier to compartmentalize.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

More to come .......... and it won't be pretty.

BTW ~ didn't the muslime in the oval office say something about a dirty bomb in Manhattan?

[}:)]

That's one we'll likely not recover from economically. Take out the New York stock exchange and we're in deep do-do.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember the Tom Clancy Book; Debt of Honor
    RLTW