In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Drove to town today

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Its been a while since I went to Town. I don't really like to go but I had to get some stuff. I live in the country but I am only about 18 miles from Raleigh NC.

Now I was not in downtown but just in the North Raleigh area barely in the city limits.

I went Home Depot, Sam's Club, Ace Hardware, Kroger, the ABC Store and a Bar for a BBQ sandwich and a Beer.

Here is what I saw;
-Lots of white people begging on street corners.
-Lots of people driving like a bunch of jerks
-Lots of really obese people most were bl*ck women- they all had HandiCap things hanging from their RV Mirrors.
-A whole bunch of crappy tattoos and metal faces
-Women wearing yoga pants that had no business doing so.

The BBQ was adequate and the Beer was cold.

Its good to be back in the woods with my dogs. I got some good wine and resupplied on Irish Whisky.

I also got the makings for some Sangria, which I will make tonight.

Got a few Boston Butts at $1.54 per # so I will be making some pulled pork in the smoker and some Carnitas.

I feel sorry for ya'll that have to live around all those folks.

1600 is almost here and I am going to start drinking early today...........

carry on men and lady's [:D]
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We live in the country too! [:D]

Wine time starts at 1700! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Its been a while since I went to Town. I don't really like to go but I had to get some stuff. I live in the country but I am only about 18 miles from Raleigh NC.

Now I was not in downtown but just in the North Raleigh area barely in the city limits.

I went Home Depot, Sam's Club, Ace Hardware, Kroger, the ABC Store and a Bar for a BBQ sandwich and a Beer.

Here is what I saw;
    -Lots of white people begging on street corners.
    -Lots of people driving like a bunch of jerks
    -Lots of really obese people most were bl*ck women- they all had HandiCap things hanging from their RV Mirrors.
    -A whole bunch of crappy tattoos and metal faces
    -Women wearing yoga pants that had no business doing so.

The BBQ was adequate and the Beer was cold.

Its good to be back in the woods with my dogs. I got some good wine and resupplied on Irish Whisky.

I also got the makings for some Sangria, which I will make tonight.

Got a few Boston Butts at $1.54 per # so I will be making some pulled pork in the smoker and some Carnitas.

I feel sorry for ya'll that have to live around all those folks.

1600 is almost here and I am going to start drinking early today...........

carry on men and lady's [:D]

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

Wine time starts at 1700! [:D]

What time is the 'dilla hunt?! [8)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Wine time starts at 1700! [:D]What time is the 'dilla hunt?! [8)]Normally at around 2300. However, they haven't shown up this year, yet!!!! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Wine time starts at 1700! [:D]What time is the 'dilla hunt?! [8)]Normally at around 2300. However, they haven't shown up this year, yet!!!! [:D]

I guess we'll have to settle for jerky instead of fresh backstrap pie...huh?! [8)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't see that around where
    I live, so I guess it's good not to be a southerner[:D]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..well Im on my way to4:00 mass...pray for all you needy folks (and myself) special for Mike, Dave and Nord....yes I ,live in the county.... no, just a single street.....in and out...swamp in the back, so we don't have many visitors unless its *, foxes and the occasional deer...I am in the country as close as can be without the city problems...going to a new BBQ joint after mass...let you know if its as good as rated! Supposed to be top end on the "Brisket"...[;)]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i haven't left the house in just a few weeks when i had to go to work on tue, got anxiety with all the crazy drivers

i need to go to the grocery store but really dont want to go see that fiasco of two grocery cart 5 unruly kid mamma in pajamas or 400 pound person in a hoover round that makes an entire isle smell like *
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Well I had visitors today. Mamma and her Triplets. My Doe that has twins had triplets this year. Two that are small and one normal sized. At first thought the bigger one could of been last years but she still has her spots.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,440 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

I went to Sam's Club,
    Yep, I bet you did![;)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad you had great time,,
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to Total Wine today and got a large bottle of Crown Royal Black, along with 1 each of my flavors, Apple, Maple, and Vanilla. All depends on the mood :)

Wife picked up some Absolute, Chocolate Cherry Baileys, Chocolate pecan stuff, something Orange that looks like Ameretto bottle and some other tutti frutti I can't even remember.

In the wine section we got a few bottles too not sure why we have more then we will ever drink anyway.

Daughter wanted us to look for some wine with Marzemino grapes from Trentino area of Italy but couldn't find it.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am thankful for cities....they are full of people i don't want to be around....buddy took me along scouting out fields to wick and we went to a pizza joint in a larger town on the way back... many ugly women with numerous kids and sloppy hubby snarfing high priced card board pizza....double yuk.....
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I went to Total Wine today and got a large bottle of Crown Royal Black, along with 1 each of my flavors, Apple, Maple, and Vanilla. All depends on the mood :)

Wife picked up some Absolute, Chocolate Cherry Baileys, Chocolate pecan stuff, something Orange that looks like Ameretto bottle and some other tutti frutti I can't even remember.

In the wine section we got a few bottles too not sure why we have more then we will ever drink anyway.

Daughter wanted us to look for some wine with Marzemino grapes from Trentino area of Italy but couldn't find it.

"Crown Black:....the best
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drinking here in New Mexcio starts when it is 4:00 PM in London.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,428 ******
    edited November -1
    Problem with being strictly a beer drinker, there is never enough storage space!! [:D]

That dilemma also includes the before and after consumption!
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We start at 4:20 [;)]

It's 4:20 somewhere[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    While looking at this white guy begging on the side of the road I could see he looked healthy and about 50 or so. He was not dirty and he was not smoking.

He had a sign that said; "Anything Helps, God Bless".

I thought;

1. What life choices did this looser make to end up in this predicament at 50 years old?

2. Why did he not have a job? He looked healthy and fit enough to do most manual labor jobs and could work in a Grocery store or a 7/11.

3. Where did he go at night? What did he do for entertainment? Was he a druggie?

I cannot fathom getting into a predicament where I would have to beg for food, I just don't see how it can happen.

These beggars were all over the place when I was driving around. The exit ramps from the highway, just about any major intersection. There were men and women begging and I only saw one Bl*ck guy begging, maybe 12-15 white people about 70/30, men/ women.

I also witnessed people giving them money. I am not talking about change but dollars, I think I saw a woman give a guy a $20.

crazy world we live.
    RLTW

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While looking at this white guy begging on the side of the road I could see he looked healthy and about 50 or so. He was not dirty and he was not smoking.

He had a sign that said; "Anything Helps, God Bless".

I thought;

1. What life choices did this looser make to end up in this predicament at 50 years old?

2. Why did he not have a job? He looked healthy and fit enough to do most manual labor jobs and could work in a Grocery store or a 7/11.

3. Where did he go at night? What did he do for entertainment? Was he a druggie?

I cannot fathom getting into a predicament where I would have to beg for food, I just don't see how it can happen.

These beggars were all over the place when I was driving around. The exit ramps from the highway, just about any major intersection. There were men and women begging and I only saw one Bl*ck guy begging, maybe 12-15 white people about 70/30, men/ women.

I also witnessed people giving them money. I am not talking about change but dollars, I think I saw a woman give a guy a $20.

crazy world we live.

http://fox2now.com/2017/07/26/police-department-posts-controversial-photo-about-giving-money-to-panhandlers/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good article 1911!

Reading this was an eyeopener in a few ways;

1. How much money the guy had begged off of people

2. The response from those 2 libtards. What the police said made complete sense to me but like a typical libtard it was twisted and turned to make a victim out of someone.

I thought the response by the police was excellent but unnecessary to anyone with 1/2 a brain.

But again that is a libtard mentality; don't support a charity, they may be religious[:0]
    RLTW