In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thinking about my Detonics Mk IV

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I remembered Detonics was advertising a revolver in the early 80's.

It was going to be a 7 shot top break pistol. Well Ilooked on the internet and sure enough they were planning it and even made some prototypes but never got it into production.

Here it is. I would jump on one in a heartbeat if they started making them.

1316645_orig.png

Qqk7Dqp.jpg

What do ya'll think?
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    there was a good reason top break pistols went out of fashion, weak and poor design that could open during firing
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think these guys had figured out how to make it a stronger action than the old S&W revolvers.

The problem is Detonics went out of business 3-4 times and the revolver deal got shelved.

Its too bad because I think it would have very cool to have one. Kind of like a large version of a 999 Sportsman.
    RLTW

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recall they made one and it sprouted legs and legged it. I think the gun went "missing" when Detonics was moving to Arizona from Belleview, WA.

That revolver always reminded me of the gun used in "Tri-Gun".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    I recall they made one and it sprouted legs and legged it. I think the gun went "missing" when Detonics was moving to Arizona from Belleview, WA.

That revolver always reminded me of the gun used in "Tri-Gun".

It does but the one in Tri-gun looks like it fires from the bottom like a Chiappa Rino:
    trigun.jpg

I would bet it did walk away with all the moving Detonics did.
    RLTW