In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Both GP-100's have the same issue

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Both of the new GP-100's have the same problem. After a few rounds the rear sight pin walks out to the right. I just sent Ruger a request to send me a couple of pins to change these out. Lets hope they will do that. I don't want to spend the money to ship them the guns for a simple pin replacement.

Oh well, back to shooting my beloved S&W 686 with over 20,000 rounds through it. It NEVER lets me down.

The Rugers are very accurate, on par with the S&W and double action trigger work is a bit better for some reason but sight pins are not supposed to fall out of the brand new gun.

Comments

• Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remove the pins and put a slight bend in them and then re install them . A MKII Ruger of mine was doing the same thing and somebody on this site told me about bending the pin.

EvilDr235
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Let 'em fall out, and put a nice little reflex sight on it; I have a 6" stainless with a holosight that's great for 100 yds.
    I had a ProPointII on it before that, small dot worked great out to 125, but was hard to see in full sun like we have everywhere here.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are brand new guns Ruger will send you a shipping label in your email and they pay the shipping both ways and they will repair them.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    my circa 1986 never a problem[?]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EVILDR235
    Remove the pins and put a slight bend in them and then re install them . A MKII Ruger of mine was doing the same thing and somebody on this site told me about bending the pin.

EvilDr235

This is what I would do before I sent them back. Next maybe peen the pins so they fit tighter

or

send them to Joes Custom Guns in WV and he will drill the holes smaller so the pins fit better.[;)]
    RLTW