In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some leather I have been working on

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
This is the start to my Son & Law's Johnny Ringo rig.
fVbsno.jpg

He hasn't bought a gun for it just yet, I'm not sure my daughter even knows he has asked me to make this rig...[:p]
NB7uSA.jpg

This is a copy of the Dukes rig I have been working on. This holster is double lined with smooth/flesh side leather on both sides.
VpCk8A.jpg

Trinity +++

Comments

• Options
    arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You sure can make a piece of leather into a beautiful holster. Some very lucky people getting one of your rigs.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks good!

You are a craftsman.
    RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    impressive craftsmanship ... i have 3 Arminius single action revolvers 7-1/2" NIB...almost exact colt clones made in w. germany ...high quality but no real collector value...many parts are supposed to fit rite in colts ...i need to holster them up sometime...u do beautiful work
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how much for the Dukes rig[?]

I'm a 38" waist in blue jeans
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd also like to contract you to build me a Rig if you are willing, since the last guy doesn't want my money.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful work.
    Where do you get your leather?
    I've mostly used Tandy. Stores far and few now.
    I worked in their store in Union NJ in 1973. 1/2 my pay went to craftools.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Looks good!

You are a craftsman.

+ that!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mjrfd99,

I get most of my leather at a Tandy shop in Syracuse NY, its a 200 mile round trip for me, so I mail order it when I can, except for the Leather. I like to hand pick it out myself. Whenever I let them send it to me it usually comes with big holes I find it the hyde when I unroll it.

I also will go to a high end leather factory (Townsand Leather) near Albany once & a while to buy their scraps. I can get scraps from the for a third of the price that Tandy sales it to me for. The only problem is that they are over 200 miles away from me, so trips taken there are done so sparingly.

OoAKo47oO, danielgage, I can be reached via e-mail or phone. Let me know if you need my contact info?

Trinity +++
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    Mjrfd99,

I get most of my leather at a Tandy shop in Syracuse NY, its a 200 mile round trip for me, so I mail order it when I can, except for the Leather. I like to hand pick it out myself. Whenever I let them send it to me it usually comes with big holes I find it the hyde when I unroll it.

I also will go to a high end leather factory (Townsand Leather) near Albany once & a while to buy their scraps. I can get scraps from the for a third of the price that Tandy sales it to me for. The only problem is that they are over 200 miles away from me, so trips taken there are done so sparingly.

OoAKo47oO, danielgage, I can be reached via e-mail or phone. Let me know if you need my contact info?

Trinity +++

Yes I would like your email please. Do you sell on GB? That would be great. I contacted another seller on here but I guess he wanted me to go through his website instead of listing the rig on GB.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OoAKo47oO,

Yes I do sell on GB, I?m working on some stuff right now intended for the auction side. Custom ordered stuff, like Cowboy Action specific is a bit harder though. I never got any bids on it. Anything fit to a 1911, or Glock and the bids light this place up like a Roman candle. Keep a watch and I?ll post some auction stuff soon.

I don?t have a website, and the GB email doesn?t seem to work.

Try (whitmirelm@gmail.com).

Trinity +++
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by danielgage
    how much for the Dukes rig[?]

I'm a 38" waist in blue jeans

[?][?]