In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shrimp boil

nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
What you guys put in there. I got

Shrimp (From Gulf Port, MS)
Sausage
Potatoes
Corn
Onions
Garlic

I use this for the spice http://www.louisianafishfry.com/products/Seafood-Boils/Pour--Boil-Powder

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Zataran's crab boil sachet.

And water.

Or beer.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .."Old Bay" for us, but we haven't experimented around.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the zatarains boil and add garlic, red pepper (flakes and some cayenne) and a few bay leaves. For sausage I really like the Conecuh (made down in Evergreen) when I can get it.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good so where is the party wahoooooooooooooooooooooooo[^]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Zataran's
    Shrimp
    Whole crabs.

That's All Folks![:p]
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I use the zatarains boil and add garlic, red pepper (flakes and some cayenne) and a few bay leaves. For sausage I really like the Conecuh (made down in Evergreen) when I can get it.
    Yep, that is the sausage I use too, they had for at Piggly Wiggly for $3 something [:D]
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 pound of shrimp
    Zataran's crab boil
    40 ounces of beer
    1/4 cup of salt
    a splash of vinegar
    nothing else[;)]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For sausage I really like the Conecuh (made down in Evergreen) when I can get it.
    That's the only sausage allowed in my house, every Wal-Mart store I've ever been in has it [;)], you have to look hard at smaller groceries to find it but it can be found. It comes in different ranges from mild to hot/spicey and even better with biscuits and syrup [:D] Have been eating it for many years, none better.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    For sausage I really like the Conecuh (made down in Evergreen) when I can get it.
    That's the only sausage allowed in my house, every Wal-Mart store I've ever been in has it [;)], you have to look hard at smaller groceries to find it but it can be found. It comes in different ranges from mild to hot/spicey and even better with biscuits and syrup [:D] Have been eating it for many years, none better.

I go by the plant where they make it on the way to Mom's. I'll have to see if they have a "factory store" like the priesters pecans one exit north of there.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Sounds good so where is the party wahoooooooooooooooooooooooo[^]
    close to Fl...
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Bay. Really don't like to doctor the actual flavor took much, especially when they're fresh.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I go by the plant where they make it on the way to Mom's. I'll have to see if they have a "factory store" like the priesters pecans one exit north of there.
    Been there many times too, the sausage comes from the home area of Hank Williams so you know it can't be bad. Both are good country [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee