In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All Home Owners Must own a GUN in Nelson, Georgia

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
The town of Nelson, Georgia is considering making it mandatory for every home to own a firearm and ammo. I think this is a wonderful idea.

The difference between Georgia and New York is that in Georgia, the government is afraid of the people. In New York, the people fear the government. Tyranny is rampant in New York !

Here is the link:

http://rt.com/usa/nelson-georgia-gun-law-006/
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

The difference between Georgia and New York is that in Georgia, the government is afraid of the people. In New York, the people fear the government.

Maybe not afraid of the people . . . more like for the people
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

The difference between Georgia and New York is that in Georgia, the government is afraid of the people. In New York, the people fear the government.

Better said ! Thank you...........[:)]
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The idea that everyone must have access to weapons is just as bad as the idea that no one have access to weapons.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't see requiring everyone to own a gun. But perhaps the local should have a tax for those that chose not to, You know a 9-1-1 tax.[:D]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Bad idea. Not everyone has the interest. Lacking interest they will not become competent in handling guns.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is not to new of an idea....remember that during colonial times men in Virginia were required to be able yo Mister with a firearm in good working order with sufficient cartridges for militia duty....this was all men between certain ages, so in effect you had the same law.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

Agree cause here in Oregon they are afraid thats why they are trying to ban CCW on Capitol Grounds.

Better said ! Thank you...........[:)]
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    I can't see requiring everyone to own a gun. But perhaps the local should have a tax for those that chose not to, You know a 9-1-1 tax.[:D]

The one town in Georgia that has this ordinance has exemption clause for people that have a contienceous objection.
    I really like how low their crime rate is though. [:p]
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I'm strongly in favor of most everyone being armed, I don't know that such a law is either good policy or constitutional.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    requiring either for or against firearms is a bad idea. Making firearm purchases a tax free deal would be great though.
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah right, where are they going to get ammo? Proof that this is an internet hoax!
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its been the law in Kennesaw, Ga.(Atlanta surburb) for 40 yrs and they have vertually ZERO crime.[;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee