In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Uof F....Coach

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
McIlwain fired!.....just saw it on SEC network!

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knew that was coming....now how about Butch?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,038 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Butch will be gone and the rumor around here is Petrino has been talking to Tenn
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    Butch will be gone and the rumor around here is Petrino has been talking to Tenn

Tenn would be insane to take Honest Bob as HC
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim McElwain wins the SEC east 2 out of the 3 years that he's been at Florida and they fire him. Sargent Carter er, I mean Jones, has not come close to that in 5 years and he's not been fired yet? Maybe Tennessee ought to look at hiring McElwain. He couldn't be any worse than the last 3 clowns that Tennessee has had.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,038 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Their last three hires were not exactly Mensa type moves
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Jim McElwain wins the SEC east 2 out of the 3 years that he's been at Florida and they fire him. Sargent Carter er, I mean Jones, has not come close to that in 5 years and he's not been fired yet? Maybe Tennessee ought to look at hiring McElwain. He couldn't be any worse than the last 3 clowns that Tennessee has had.

I think the firing was due to supposed death threats that he received, and not based on the season.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

I think the firing was due to supposed death threats that he received, and not based on the season.
    What?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid

What?

It appears that McIlwain lied about receiving death threats from the Florida fan base. University officials tried to determine if they could fire him with cause.
  • Options
    utvolsutvols Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's hoping the gators hire Kiffin...

Butch will be gone soon enough. He needs to own the record that he has sown with these kids. Dobbs isn't here to save his crappy "system". It's year five butch. Put up or shut up. In fact, just shut up. No need for bricks, resilience, teaching moments, eye discipline, leadership reps, 5 game playoffs or champions of life.

Just
    Shut
    Up

I will be there Sat, cheering, not booing. GBO.

Bring Johnny back as interim coach until the permanent guy gets here. It'll be a hoot.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    don't they have to pay butch like 13 million if they fire him. I sure wouldn't mind being fired for that
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by utvols
    Here's hoping the gators hire Kiffin...

Butch will be gone soon enough. He needs to own the record that he has sown with these kids. Dobbs isn't here to save his crappy "system". It's year five butch. Put up or shut up. In fact, just shut up. No need for bricks, resilience, teaching moments, eye discipline, leadership reps, 5 game playoffs or champions of life.

Just
    Shut
    Up

I will be there Sat, cheering, not booing. GBO.

Bring Johnny back as interim coach until the permanent guy gets here. It'll be a hoot.

Kiffin will fold just like always. He is a good offensive coordinator but not a head caoch
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Their last three hires were not exactly Mensa type moves
    Wonder if Rick Pitino can coach football? Tom Jurich Louisville's former AD would be a good hire for UT.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    don't they have to pay butch like 13 million if they fire him. I sure wouldn't mind being fired for that
    You think that would have any affect on his State un-employment benefits ? [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee