In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thursday's Paranoid Thought of The Day

Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
All these topics on FEMA camps, the government buying 450 million rounds of ammo, the trend toward militarism of civilian PDs...

Could it be by design? It seems to me that some of the more militant LEOs, who like to get dressed up in their desert camo's when the "battle ground" is a bank parking lot (see link below), and bust down doors during no-knock warrants, would jump at the chance to go full military against citizens in a SHTF scenario. Not most, but I know quite a few who don't give a rat's a## about civilians' liberties and the constitution when it means they get to get dressed up in their SWAT getup and bust some heads.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17337066/suspect-in-custody-after-2-hour-bank-standoff-2

Comments

• Options
    pitbud5pitbud5 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://youtu.be/Klqv9t1zVww

Not paranoia. Real stuff. Alex Jones says so
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wyatt Earp
    All these topics on FEMA camps, the government buying 450 million rounds of ammo, the trend toward militarism of civilian PDs...

Could it be by design? It seems to me that some of the more militant LEOs, who like to get dressed up in their desert camo's when the "battle ground" is a bank parking lot (see link below), and bust down doors during no-knock warrants, would jump at the chance to go full military against citizens in a SHTF scenario. Not most, but I know quite a few who don't give a rat's a## about civilians' liberties and the constitution when it means they get to get dressed up in their SWAT getup and bust some heads.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17337066/suspect-in-custody-after-2-hour-bank-standoff-2

Not disagreeing with the premise entirely, but I think the link you chose is a bad example. In that case (based on the article) I think the police involved used a great deal of common sense and constraint to resolve the situation without violence and bloodshed.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have my papers ready to show at the nearest checkpoint...............
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Could it be by design?

By design? Well hell no it can't be by design. These are all just continuing and covenant coincidences. These guys never formulate a plan or even discuss the effects of their actions. What you are seeing happening in America is just good old fashioned dumb luck.

Now you'll excuse me while I stick my head back in the sand.
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

Not disagreeing with the premise entirely, but I think the link you chose is a bad example. In that case (based on the article) I think the police involved used a great deal of common sense and constraint to resolve the situation without violence and bloodshed.

That story has become a local debate because yesterday, as it was goign down, one local conservative radio talkshow host used the situation to call attention to the militarization of the PD. He made fun of their camo's, which made them stand out like sore thumbs in their environment, and the $250,000 SWAT Team APC driving round and round the bank.

Where the controversy began is when he made the off-the-cuff comment that the Lubbock PD SWAT Team was more likely to shoot one of their own than the bad guy. It was a reference to a Lubbock SWAT Team incident a few years ago where one officer shot and killed another at the scene of an incident. That, as you can imagine, drew the ire of Lubbock cops! While it was a crude comment, statistically speaking, it was factual...the last person shot by the Lubbock SWAT Team in many years, was a fellow team member.
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations." ~ James Madison
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    At the club I've seen police depts
    and local FBI boys shoot.
    Just stand still and you'll
    have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reds have said way back in the 50's and 60's they would take America from the inside. Add the math.
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pitbud5
    http://youtu.be/Klqv9t1zVww

Not paranoia. Real stuff. Alex Jones says so

WE watch that video. Netflix had it. Scare the living sheet out of you.
    It was very eye opening.
  • Options
    acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ironic that you would have a user name the same as one of the biggest gun grabbing, head knocking, LEOs of his time. [:D]
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I can understand the need for SWAT or EST or HRT units, I still do not understand the need to go into military camo clothing. The ACU, ABU and MARPAT all evoke an instant image of the armed forces. Why couldn't they just use a dark blue utility uniform that makes it clear they are not normal street patrol personnel.

The other issue is the armored APCs. Whats wrong with a van or small bus or a couple of suburbans?
  • Options
    buckstarbuckstar Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing that kept coming up in the video report is that there were scores of offisoldiers set up to mow down the 'badguy' yet they had to yell at the public to get out of their "line of fire".

Were there any actual cops there, or were there only people itching to be the one with a body count? Why was there no perimeter and people were walking into the line of fire?

That level of incompetence tells me they have no business carrying guns if they can't even keep the killzone of their deliberate ambush clear of noncombatants.