In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Attended Gun Auction Yesterday-Observations

sohigh1sohigh1 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
I attended an auction at a local county fairgrounds yesterday. While I ended up not purchasing any guns, it was still an enjoyable day, mostly....

1. Most of the 139 guns sold yesterday went for what I consider to be reasonable prices. Nothing went outrageously high. A very nice Les Bear Custom 1911 sold for $1200. A full auto "grease gun", as it was called, sold for $3750. Many guns sold for what I considered bargain prices. Some were well under what I see on GB. Some did go higher than I expected, but not very many. No panic buying...

2. Small crowd. Maybe 50-60 people. I expected many more.

3. One thing that bugged the fire out of me was that the guy displaying the guns, holding them up for everyone to see, was from a local well known gun shop. He appears to be a cocky idiot, and tries to portray a persona of being ice cold. He never smiles, has a cold dead stare, and appears to try to be a tough guy. I'm not impressed.

AND, almost every time he would hold up a gun, the moron had his finger ON THE TRIGGER!! Seriously!?!? I asked the guy setting in front of me if it bothered him, and he very quickly and strongly said it did, but didn't guess there was anything he could do about it.

I didn't say anything, but I wish I had.

What would you have done?

Comments

• Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    A legit registered grease gun went for $3750?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes. They did everything above board, and had the Class III regulations printed up for everyone to read on the list of firearms for sale. Made it well known that the gun would be subject to getting the stamp, and that it could be up to a year before you could actually take possession of the gun.

Many of these guns for sale were from a private collection. If it would not irk the powers that be on this forum, I would post a link to the auction since it has already happened. Can I do that?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sohigh1
    Yes. They did everything above board, and had the Class III regulations printed up for everyone to read on the list of firearms for sale. Made it well known that the gun would be subject to getting the stamp, and that it could be up to a year before you could actually take possession of the gun.

Many of these guns for sale were from a private collection. If it would not irk the powers that be on this forum, I would post a link to the auction since it has already happened. Can I do that?

Yes, please post the link.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2111348

J. STEMPLE GREASE GUN, 45ACP, FULL/SEMI AUTO, RECENTLY REBUILT/CUSTOM** THIS IS A CLASS 3 WEAPON THAT REQUIRES A SPECIAL PERMIT.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

What would you have done?

Prolly shown my displeasure by pharting real loudly...and then wandering over to get another chili dog and beer.

Little old lady in front of me did that at church today, the pharting part, not the beer and dog part.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

snip . . .

One thing that bugged the fire out of me was that the guy displaying the guns, holding them up for everyone to see, was from a local well known gun shop. He appears to be a cocky idiot, and tries to portray a persona of being ice cold. He never smiles, has a cold dead stare, and appears to try to be a tough guy. I'm not impressed.

. . . snip

So many times people try to make the simple things more complex than they need to be.

Perhaps it is just as simple as him being a "cocky idiot"? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by US Military Guy

snip . . .

One thing that bugged the fire out of me was that the guy displaying the guns, holding them up for everyone to see, was from a local well known gun shop. He appears to be a cocky idiot, and tries to portray a persona of being ice cold. He never smiles, has a cold dead stare, and appears to try to be a tough guy. I'm not impressed.

. . . snip

So many times people try to make the simple things more complex than they need to be.

Perhaps it is just as simple as him being a "cocky idiot"? [:D]

Good point!