In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hk-91.... Check these guys out.

LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Met a guy years ago named Roy Pitchem from Post Falls ID that worked at a place Anodizing Aluminum car parts (intakes, carbs, rims etc).

The company bought a new FloJet machine to make custom parts for people. Well Roy teamed up with a guy named Darren with the idea to make parts for Traxxas RC models. We throw ideas back and forth for awhile with designs and such. So he and Darren started started RD Racing Products and they started working on them on their time off or during slow work periods. Next thing you knew they hit the big time. Their Boss saw that they were making more money from producing RC parts than the company was from their regular business. Roy and Darren got booted from the company and the owners kept their "company" name and are now running that part of the business as their own.

So if you guys get such an idea to expand "beyond the box". Make sure that you get a contract..[:)]

http://www.rdracingproducts.com/Zen/

Comments

• Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Ya nothing like that going on. We did think about cutting out some ak flats to build a couple guns for personal use. that and one of the guys cut out some 1911 blanks and had tooling machine them out for him for a home build. The I T guys here are a couple of Anti's that seem to go out of there way to screw up the fun crap for us. so that put a damper of doing anything like that.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    But we did cut some bi-plane model parts out and had a working ( had to buy a few motor parts for it) model rc plane.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    Met a guy years ago named Roy Pitchem from Post Falls ID that worked at a place Anodizing Aluminum car parts (intakes, carbs, rims etc).

The company bought a new FloJet machine to make custom parts for people. Well Roy teamed up with a guy named Darren with the idea to make parts for Traxxas RC models. We throw ideas back and forth for awhile with designs and such. So he and Darren started started RD Racing Products and they started working on them on their time off or during slow work periods. Next thing you knew they hit the big time. Their Boss saw that they were making more money from producing RC parts than the company was from their regular business. Roy and Darren got booted from the company and the owners kept their "company" name and are now running that part of the business as their own.

So if you guys get such an idea to expand "beyond the box". Make sure that you get a contract..[:)]

http://www.rdracingproducts.com/Zen/

I opened the link and the first part I saw was the body post mounts.

I and 30 others just made these in CNC class today.

I wonder if our instructor, who wheels and deals in classic cars, is using his class to make a little money on the side.[:D][:D]