In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still has a way to go, hope they dont make the deadline
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should pass the house just fine. It is on the house floor right now.

The senate magazine ban was denied 31 Nay to 29 yea.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    House vote is coming in a minute.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be better, but it is progress.

Good for you guys!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    90 to 27 passes in the house.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    began as an amendment to the electronic fund transfer act?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

it was also a may issue bill for a while...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

They are calling it a shall issue, but if a local leo can stop it due to his opinion of a person, sounds like may issue to me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

They are calling it a shall issue, but if a local leo can stop it due to his opinion of a person, sounds like may issue to me

Amendment 5,6, and 7 abolished the other amendments and instituted a shall issue bill.

The LEO stoppage is done through a committee. So if an LEO recomends someone to not have a CCP, then it will go to the committee for approval. The committee is split on party lines with NRA representative as a resource. This was clarified better today then in HB997 from last week.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So how many hoops will you have to jump through to carry in Illinois? Carry allowed in Chicago, Morton Grove etc?
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    The Chicago "Bull" will ban all CCW.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    So how many hoops will you have to jump through to carry in Illinois? Carry allowed in Chicago, Morton Grove etc?

Carry will be allowed in every city. The bill also makes all handgun laws foid for CCP holder.

16 hours of training with 8 hours god fathered in. 150 bucks for five years.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sooeyman2035
    The Chicago "Bull" will ban all CCW.

They can't, the bill passed with a super majority in both houses. This gives the bill pre-exception over local laws.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen for those folks
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    That's good news. Let them adopt it, then after they see how well it works, they can simplify it.

Funny that some folks who go ballistic over a poll tax have no problem with a renewable $150 fee for ccw.
  • Options
    mr_floppymr_floppy Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    KenthetoolmanKenthetoolman Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: 16 hours of training with 8 hours god fathered in.
    What does this mean? Can we get out of 8 ours if we have other training or something?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Credit will be given for veterans dd214 or credit for successful NRA class attendance such as hunters safety or handgun class's. Credit for out of state ccw courses completed.

The total credit allowable will be 8 hours towards the 16 demanded by the legislation.

Remember we're still waiting to see if the Gov will sign this , veto it, line veto it or sit on it.
  • Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mr_floppy
    Credit will be given for veterans dd214 or credit for successful NRA class attendance such as hunters safety or handgun class's. Credit for out of state ccw courses completed.

The total credit allowable will be 8 hours towards the 16 demanded by the legislation.

Remember we're still waiting to see if the Gov will sign this , veto it, line veto it or sit on it.

He can do whatever he wants, but if he doesn't sign it he'll be in contempt of court in about a week I would think.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope the governor signs it, so I can finally breathe a sigh of relief!
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    I hope we will know what is in the bill next week. So we can start the process.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kenthetoolman
    quote: 16 hours of training with 8 hours god fathered in.
    What does this mean? Can we get out of 8 ours if we have other training or something?

Correct, if you have taken NRA courses, hunter ed, ect in the past, that will count towards 8 of the hours. I suspect hunter ed classes are going to be filling up soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mango tango

Not me, I hope he takes a vacation next week, comes back on the 10th and tries to sign it, then we go to constitutional carry, its free and they can suk it in Springfield and Chicago
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The major event on getting this to happen was the Moore v Madigan lawsuit and the way the 7th district federal court of appeals phrased their decision.

It was a constant motivator hitting the legislator atop their heads thru the whole 180 days the court gave them to pass legislation.
    The deadline expires June 9th. If there wasn't a deadline in the courts decision I doubt this would have happened.

http://www.isra.org/lawsuits/#Shepard
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I predict the Govenor will veto it... "for the children"
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a IL resident I hope the Gov veto's it.

$150 fee & 16hr training.[:(!]

I saw some posts about grandfather hours. Does hunter safety course count as 8hrs just for vets or civilians too?

The talk about all the different rules we are going to have from town to town(if it's correct) will just make felons out of legal owners.

All the restricted areas they talked about pretty much excludes all the places you really need a firearm.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Georgia is a Shall issue state and I have heard of people having to go before the Probate Judge for an interview. When I first got mine, that county required it and he said Why do you need a CCW.... I said check out my address... which was on Techwood Drive at the time. Oh, he said and stamped it approved. I have to go get it renewed, waiting on my passport renewall to get back...

• Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The restriction on carrying at public gatherings concerns me. What do they mean? Also something about events where alchol is sold. Covers a lot of terriorty. Makes me wonder just where I will be able to carry legaly.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's kind of a CRAP bill, but hugely better than we had before now. There will be years of lawsuits/legislature going before it gets to where it needs to be. All things considered, it's really not as bad as it could have been. There are a few states out there that would LOVE this bill to be their law.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Not me, I hope he takes a vacation next week, comes back on the 10th and tries to sign it, then we go to constitutional carry, its free and they can suk it in Springfield and Chicago

You don't want that, then every town and county can make their own rules, you may be legal in one city, and be a felon in the next! This bill is one law for the whole state! You know that Chicago would love to have their own rules!
  • Options
    edited November -1

You don't want that, then every town and county can make their own rules, you may be legal in one city, and be a felon in the next! This bill is one law for the whole state! You know that Chicago would love to have their own rules!

Chitcago is still keeping their bans. I just read it off senators website. Id post a link but im on my phone.

Here is another I found, couldn't find the one I read on my phone.

".....Under House Bill 183, municipalities will be able to keep on the books current gun ordinances unrelated to concealed carry, such as Chicago's assault-weapons ban and Cook County's firearm and ammunition tax, but would be prohibited from enacting ordinances that deny Illinoisans their Second Amendment rights...."

Read more: http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1338691682/Illinois-Senate-panel-approves-concealed-carry-agreement#ixzz2UwPIEtLE

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1338691682/Illinois-Senate-panel-approves-concealed-carry-agreement
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    As a IL resident I hope the Gov veto's it.

$150 fee & 16hr training.[:(!]

I saw some posts about grandfather hours. Does hunter safety course count as 8hrs just for vets or civilians too?

The talk about all the different rules we are going to have from town to town(if it's correct) will just make felons out of legal owners.

All the restricted areas they talked about pretty much excludes all the places you really need a firearm.

It would count for both.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam

Chitcago is still keeping their bans. I just read it off senators website. Id post a link but im on my phone.

Here is another I found, couldn't find the one I read on my phone.

".....Under House Bill 183, municipalities will be able to keep on the books current gun ordinances unrelated to concealed carry, such as Chicago's assault-weapons ban and Cook County's firearm and ammunition tax, but would be prohibited from enacting ordinances that deny Illinoisans their Second Amendment rights...."

Read more: http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1338691682/Illinois-Senate-panel-approves-concealed-carry-agreement#ixzz2UwPIEtLE

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1338691682/Illinois-Senate-panel-approves-concealed-carry-agreement

Bam,

Chicago gets to keep their AWB. This is different from the bill last week which completely abolishes it. It does however foid their handgun laws for all CCP holders. So taking a 15 round magazine into Chicago is not a problem with this law. The law also gives places 10 days to create a ban after the law goes into effect.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    It's kind of a CRAP bill, but hugely better than we had before now. There will be years of lawsuits/legislature going before it gets to where it needs to be. All things considered, it's really not as bad as it could have been. There are a few states out there that would LOVE this bill to be their law.

Agreed, I don't like the bill. However, it is shall issue and I can take a weapon just about anywhere. Several states do not have this type of bill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have a link to the rumor that if you are an il residence, and currently hold an out of state permit, that permit is valid for 90 days, and goes towards 8 hours of the required 16 hours
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    As a guy who's always claimed Illinois as my state of residency, I am both pleased and disappointed that CCW has only come to Illinois because of federal pressure. [:(]

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1

Chitcago is still keeping their bans. I just read it off senators website. Id post a linm but im on phone.