In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Purchase for Mrs. Reload999

reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
She had never handled a firearm before so I taught her to shoot .22 with a S&W Model 422. Tried to move her up to .38 Special, but the only one I had was a 6" S&W Model 586...too heavy for her (she's 4'11" 110 lbs). She's not good at racking a heavy slide either.

So, we just got home with something else to try, a S&W Model 642. $200 of it was paid for with the rebate I got on my H&K P30L [:)].
Airweight-M642-1_zpsgk2vfxuj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ruger 380 is really nice. My mom is 72 years old and the same height and weight as your wife. She shoots it like a champ and it is nice, lightweight and she can handle it well. I like the gun you bought for your wife.[;)][:)][:)][:)] Let us know how she does with it. I looked at them a few times for Donna, but she wanted a semi to carry. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Oakie. She tried my Sig P238, but due to her inexperience, I think a revolver is best for her right now.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    That is nice.
    My BIL bought my sister one. Even on double action, very smooth trigger pull.
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Reload, how much does that revolver weigh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it was advertised as 15 oz, but it's 14.4 oz on my postage scale...unloaded, of course.quote:Originally posted by mango tango
    Hey Reload, how much does that revolver weigh?