In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger LCP or 9mm

msmalley1227msmalley1227 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I have looked at the Ruger LCP and love the size and feel of the gun. Unfortunately the 380 ammo is not inexpensive. I want an extremely small back pocket pistol and wondered if someone could recommend a 9mm that would be about the same size. The 9mm ammo seems to be a lot cheaper. The LCP is around $300 which fits in my budget. Thanks.

Mike S.

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF you go with the 9mm stay away from the Taurus line...they are spotty at best.

Have you considered a revolver...
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    380 ammo is usually about $3 a box higher than 9mm. That shouldn't be that much of a factor unless you are shooting thousands of rounds a year, which since it is a pocket pistol you most likely will not.

The Ruger LC9 can be found for around $350 and is bigger but does not fit into a pocket very well compared to the LCP. I have both of these and I give the nod to the LCP due to its smaller size.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel Tec PF9. Goes bang everytime.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After fondling an LCR for a couple of minutes, I lost all interest I had in the LCP.
  • Options
    msmalley1227msmalley1227 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    IF you go with the 9mm stay away from the Taurus line...they are spotty at best.

Have you considered a revolver...

I have but 95% of the time I'm running around in blue jeans and a t shirt. My son has an LCP and it fits well in my back pocket with a wallet holster and is not noticeable at all. I hardly ever wear a jacket or long tail shirt so I would prefer a semi auto.

Mike S.