In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beheadings

rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
We've all seen videos
and video snippets of beheadings
over the past few years.
I don't completely understand why these victims
don't roll over from their position
and kick,scream bite, anything to hurt their
captors. What have they got to lose.
The only thing I can think of is that
they are heavily sedated.
what say you.
Ron

Comments

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I don't think about it. Sure not the way I want to go.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree RONG I would be trying to kick him in the balls
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    He might cut my head off but I would be chewing on his arm!
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I'm certain that the captives have undergone "mock" executions dozens of times.

"We just want you to read these words, like last time."

Otherwise there would be a lot of junk punching, eye gouging, nose biting, teeth kicking activity in those videos.

It's not brainwashing. It's behavioral conditioning a la Skinner.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have thought about this many times , would I go out fighting ? seems logical until you think about it .
    just my take
    It may be a faster death having your throat cut than what they promise if you do not summit .
    there is countless ways to torture some one for hours , days , weeks , you would be in so much pain you would beg to die .( let your imagination run wild ), and maybe that's explained in advance to the victim .
    maybe I am wrong and I hope I am never faced with the choice
    but it seems logical why they do not struggle
    or there sprit is so broken they have no will left to fight
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you think there is any chance for survival,most people want put up a fight,thinking it is a mock attack.Same reason people get on their hands and knees waiting to be shot in the head....[:(]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always wondered the same thing. I would at least go out fighting. I also agree that it is a mind conditioning that they put you through
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bigoutside Posted - 09/30/2014 : 5:01:20 PM
    I'm certain that the captives have undergone "mock" executions dozens of times.

"We just want you to read these words, like last time."

Otherwise there would be a lot of junk punching, eye gouging, nose biting, teeth kicking activity in those videos.

It's not brainwashing. It's behavioral conditioning a la Skinner.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I've never thought about it this way, there could be something to this?
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Saudis drug the crap out of people brought out for punishment at Chop-Chop Square in Riyahd.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    The Saudis drug the crap out of people brought out for punishment at Chop-Chop Square in Riyahd.
    ...and the "Saudi's" are our friends...[:o)]
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Think any retaliation will take place in the U.S.??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes,but it has to be the right person and the right
    circumstances.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rong
    We've all seen videos
    and video snippets of beheadings
    over the past few years.
    I don't completely understand why these victims
    don't roll over from their position
    and kick,scream bite, anything to hurt their
    captors. What have they got to lose.
    The only thing I can think of is that
    they are heavily sedated.
    what say you.
    Ron

Mock executions are one possibility.....the threat of further torture is another.

"Read this statement and your death will be quick. Otherwise it will drag out over days."

Anyone in their custody already knows they are going to die. Why put yourself through unbelievable suffering to no end? Even if you did manage to score a nutshot, it's not like they are going to broadcast that out to the world.

Even something as simple as "If you don't cooperate, we will never tell the world what happened to you" is a big deal to someone who has nothing left to live for.
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somebody was telling me they just watched a show about this. They said the captors actually have great respect for the victims and that they are heavily sedated before they do it. Their hands are usually tied behind their back. They are helpless while also on drugs.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I just find it disturbingly convenient that events like these beheadings happen just when TPTB want to ramp up conflict once again. We are arming our future enemies in order to continue this cycle of chaos. Truth is I have no way to verify who beheaded who. Lies stacked on more lies and served with a side of deception.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the videos the condemnded is on his knees, you can't see below his waist. His arms are down. It could be that his hands are bound behind his back.

You know damn good and well that if you kick and fight the Islamists are going to torture you.
    However, if I were the condemnded, and my hands were not bound, I would let 'ol Hadji give his speech, then, I would grab his knife and cut HIS throat. Then, I would quickly cut my own throat. Now, that video would never make youtube.

skicat you make a great point. These beheadings are the only reason that Obama is bombing ISIS. If these Muslim savages had just killed their hostages and not put these horrific videos on the internet there would be no international outrage, no coalition to "destroy ISIS."

I am very dubious about the current "War on ISIS." Six months ago, nobody ever heard of 'em. If we killed every one of the 30,000 ISIS fighters in the next week, in two year's time, there would be another group of Muslim radicals, just as vicious, just as bad, to replace them.
    There are 1.4 billion Muslims in the world. They have an endless supply of radicals who are willing to kill, and die, in their war against the Christian West.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In retaliation, we should begin "greasings". Grab a random towel head and dunk "it" in a vat of boiling pig fat.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    until we STOP the kinder gentler treatment of our enemies fostered by the insanity of political correctness we will continue in a sense to load their weapons and aim them at ourselves....I fear we with our stupidity of open borders and lack of self protection will give away AMERICA to the muslims and illegals long before they need new ammo
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    for the islamic terroristsour elected officials, is it time to bring back the guillotine?

[?]

Fixed it for ya
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,331 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    for the islamic terroristsour elected officials, is it time to bring back the guillotine?

[?]

Fixed it for ya
    10Q
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're talking Sedition Mr. Perfect[:0]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nope.... just long term sedation
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rong
    You're talking Sedition Mr. Perfect[:0]

No, the death penalty is a prescribed punishment for treason, just because the many of the perpetrators at the moment happen to be politicians doesn't exempt them from punishment.