In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Mac

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I been looking at macs as I am in need of a new and dependable computer.

I am leaning to going with the Imac to replace my old G-4 and this silly toshiba lap top I connect with.

Thought I would ask about opinions on other mac options before I order Sunday.

Here is the Imac...

http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-iMac/product~dpno~8535497~pdp.gfgcade

I will go with the 21 inch screen I don't need a TV screen for a computer at 27 inches! [V]

Comments

• USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    when i went from PC to iMac i couldn't have been happier, i have had this one for 5 years and love it.

you will like the differences, but remember, it will take a few days or weeks to make a full change over.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Thats a good price and you'll be glad you changed over..
    Spend the extra money for the warranty, and they will come to you to fix it if it ever has a problem in 3 years...
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing I learned from owning a mac G-4 is GET THE WARRANTY!
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woo Hoo!!!! I just orderd the mac posted in the link.

They asked if i wanted the memory up grade with the latest whatever it was. I did want it and I had already attached the 3 year protection plan and told em I'd take the up grade if they gave me the protection plan for 100 dollars rather then the 167.99 standard fee. The salesman checked with his super. Came back 130.00 for the Protection plan.

I told em I'd take the computer as is with the protection plan so NO DICE. I guess they don't want to wheele and deal much. I personally think they had more to lose by not selling it to me with my asked for reduction on the protection plan then I did in not getting the up grade. I told the salesman I probably am too stupid computer wise to untilize it.

Oh well thought I'd try anyway.

Free shipping at least. Plus today was the last day to call and get the 100 dollar card for eating out.

Finally I will be up to date with the internet again. There will be a delay for fullfilling my order. They are backlogged by one to two weeks.