In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's so special about Syria?

Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
What is so special about Syria? Their the War of Northern Aggression is no direct threat to us. The argument is the use of chemical weapons killed 1400+. Well, already 100k+ have died and we haven't done anything. There have been incidents around the world where millions have been slaughtered and we did nothing. So what is so special about Syria?

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Big O needs a distraction from all of the scandals being exposed in his administration. Simple.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently it makes a difference whether they were murdered with bullets, grenades, and bombs, or murdered with poison gas.

We currently have the most stupid clowns in American history running this country. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd vote for invading Mexico before I'd vote for chunking some cruise missiles into Syria. Mexico and the Cartels are more of a threat to us than Syria is.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    My worry is that incompentent POTUS is in WAY over his head here, violating his own words, and might just start a war in the great area if Syria hits Israel and they return fire and we have the Guns of August all over again. With a lightweight at our controls, big worries. He is acting like he is completely lost in the forest....right when we need JFK or IKE we got Jimmy Carter. Sad.[V]
  • Options
    jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nobody sees the irony of a country that says,

" you used gas on your people, so to punish you for that we are going to use missiles on you".

dead is dead, who cares how it happens.

why is a missile from the sky any less evil than gas on the ground?
  • Options
    WHITEHEAT304WHITEHEAT304 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHATS THE DIFFERENCE " HILLARY QUOTE) ????... BOTH SIDES ARE OUR ENEMYS AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE US DEAD. THEY ARE JUST OPPOSING FACTIONS ON THE BEST WAY TO MUSLIMIZE THE WORLD AND HAVE A CALIPHATE. ( TOTALLY MUSLIM WORLD.)
    LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE WITH THESE HATEFUL RAGHEADS AS THEY DESTROY EACH OTHER..

There is a button on the left side of your keyboard which will unlock your Caps Lock or you can depress the shift button and accomplish the same thing.
  • Options
    kevind6kevind6 Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is it we are trying to accomplish by lobbing a couple dozen cruise missiles into Syria?? Is it going to win the war for the rebels?? Is it going to prevent Assad from gassing his people again?? What is our end game here??
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH. Gas ought to be cheaper over there as that's where the oil comes from!!
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    How about save the money and give all our service men and women a case of cold beer so they have something to drink while they watch the syrian muslimes kill each other on tv.[:)]

F syria!
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    Apparently it makes a difference whether they were murdered with bullets, grenades, and bombs, or murdered with poison gas.

We currently have the most stupid clowns in American history running this country. [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Machetes don't count either.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    It will serve Obama several purposes. 1st. Syria can't retaliate against us. But they can against the one they consider next best. Israel. And at least Iran will likely join them. 2nd. The destabilazation of the region will if not make oil harder to get, at least drive prices up. Adding to the destruction of the American economy.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems Obummer wants to fire missiles and kill innocent people to teach Syria a lesson for firing mortars and killing innocent people.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    It will serve Obama several purposes. 1st. Syria can't retaliate against us. But they can against the one they consider next best. Israel. And at least Iran will likely join them. 2nd. The destabilazation of the region will if not make oil harder to get, at least drive prices up. Adding to the destruction of the American economy.

Everything works to drive the cost of oil up, including good news. The price of oil is tied only to the nervous bladders and sphincters of Traders in the commodity markets bidding up Oil Futures on whims, wild hare notions and bed wetting underwear staining cowardice. If nothing is done about Syria, oil prices will go up. If Syria suddenly, magically becomes a bastion of Representative Democracy and Capitalism, oil prices will go up.

Oil prices go up until they go up so high on false hopes and lunatic gambling that they correct downward a little bit ... so they can start getting bid up again.

It is a sick, diseased system bearing only a minor relationship to Supply & Demand Capitalism.
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All part of the coming New World Order.
  • Options
    airbornerizzairbornerizz Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about the choices this way: let's say he decides to attack Syria. Now he's doing the same thing he was so outspoken on president Bush for. If he decides not to attack, he's basically saying that we're not able to back up what we say without support. I think he's bitten off way more than he can chew. Our nation's enemies know it too. Sadly, there will STILL be people that say he's doing a great job. Personally, I don't think we have any business in Syria. They wanna gas their own people, no skin off my back because I'll be sleeping sound. But I also feel he's really intercoursed the k9.