In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To sell or not to sell..

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I have a S&W MP 15A that looks bran new, and comparable is going for $2k... I have a bushmaster ACR and I really like that evil black rifle.. So do I sell my AR now and wait for the verdict on the AWB? Prices are ridiculous...

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only you can make that decision.
    I was mulling the same thing over about a week ago, but have decided to not sell anything AR related![;)]

IF you need the money though, now might be a very good time to sell.
    When I get the chance, I will most likely list my .270 Win bolt though. My days of roaming through the woods, and hauling out a deer are over.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I thought about selling my ar also. Have wanted to get a M1A for a long time now and i'v seen alot of them going for big money. I just cant get myself to sell it.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bubble is still growing, it may reach biblical proportions after Biden comes out with more BS
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    How are we supposed to know?

If you were starving, along with your family, and the only thing you had to sell was your rifle, what would you do?

If you have but one rifle, and the zombies are coming, what do you do?

Moreover, if new legislation passes, who knows what it's going to look like?

Personally, I feel that there will be trouble getting an AWB thru congress. So, if I'm right, prices will fall, and you'll be able to re-buy another rifle, if you so choose.

However, I'm feeling the old: "what if I can't buy this again," bug, just a others are.

There is some risk involved, and only you know what your personal aversion to risk is.

If you want to share some details, with regards to your lot in life, please do. It's hard enough to know what's going to happen --- and then, stack the crap, we call your life, into the equation, and then, come up with a rational answer...

So, should you sell? "Yes!"

So, should you sell? "No!"

So, should you sell? "I have no idea!!!"

Pick your poison, I say, and move on.
  • Options
    SOXXIESOXXIE Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    List your rifle as soon as the Biden Commission release's the finding's [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I think that most of us that aren't really gun sellers are weighing this question. It kills me to see these prices and particularly I have been wanting to cash in some of my Saiga 12 10rnd mags.

If I really needed the money I would be all over it. I will just set on them and hope that in the way future they are worth even more for my wife [;)]

And there is the chance that I could be sorry. Like the old "why did I sell that 67' camaro?" feeling.

Good luck!

PS- was in cabelas to return a gift today and man oh man the .22lr. was GONE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have made the decision to sell... The ACR is Sooo much easier to clean, and honestly I wont shoot this one that much anymore... If the bubble pops then I will get another with a better config
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    There you go! Good luck and I know that your investment will return double!!
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope it goes the way you want it...
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been selling like crazy,,if they pass some sort of ban like they want I do not wish to have to go down and give blood to register it, if they do not pass a ban,,I have made enough pure profit in the last couple weeks during this panic boom to by anything my heart desires
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep well I just bought a kimber which is theoretically for my wife but I think everyone here knows better... Since the recoil of a .45 is a bit much we can also get something similar in a 9mm now.. Of a full sized... If and when the conceal carry goes through with IL the prices of these guns locally will go up considerably..
  • Options
    ltssalesltssales Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd sell for the inflated cost.. and buy when the craze ends but that's me.