In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sudden changes

NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
So today was a trying day to say the least. I was pushed to the limit at my place of employment and just could not do it anymore. I would get into it, but it would be the longest read ever posted at GB. So anyway, at the end of the day I decided to call it quits. I feel a little bad cause I have known the people almost all my life and have worked for them for a few years now, and they are truely good people, they just added to much to my plate. It's been a long time coming though. So I start a new chapter to my life tomorrow morning. I secured a position with a local sports shop at thier gun counter. I can start on Monday. It will be part time only until September then it will turn to full time. I also have a small lawn and landscaping business that will help. I am trying to find some more jobs for that to keep the money coming in. I have a couple new jobs lined up around Tomah, Wisconsin for next week. A bit of a drive, but money is money. So life goes on and all you can do is ride it out. I have little worries about my decisions, besides being able to maintain a good life for my kids.

Sorry just had to vent a little. [V]

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Best wishes to you.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you only get one shot at life do what you need to make it best for you .. best of luck and could you redirect the 22 ammo for us
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son in law has had it tough in the last 3-4 years. A lot of jobs he didn't get etc. Really got his dapper down which isn't like him. FINALLY after all the BS he went through he got a good job and his employer thinks highly of him. One never knows? Sometimes things work out for the best. Hang in there, I'm sure many of us, including me went through this same thing. You can't control the things that go on around you, you can only control your attitude towards those things[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the supportive words guys. I appreciate them. I will make the best of it from here on out.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Sometimes you just need to turn a corner and move on. While it is always easier to do same thing day after day, if you are really fed up then torturing yourself only leads to more problems than the money earned from a job you hate will solve.

Good luck on your new path.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there- Im sure it will work out for the best.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Employers push and push. Hope you told em why you left.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    put the gear shift in drive and step on the gas pedal[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the gun shop after filing out all the paperwork. It's seems like this is going to be a good fit for me. They also asked me to take the bull by the horns on thier GunBroker sales. They haven't even got into it to much, but they want to expand into the market and asked for my help. I am excited to get stated. I start on tuesday.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats...I think it will work out fine ....right attitude
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good deal. Your health is more important then any job.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1