In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chiappa firearms

Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
I bought a chiappa single action .22 today at Atwoods. I got it home after work and really looked it over. I didn't like the idea of getting the display model but the manager said that's how they do because it keeps one particular gun from getting beat to hell. Anyway I got it home and put the .22 magnum cylinder in it and immediately knew something was wrong. It had a lot of play, up and down and back and forth. Took the cylinder out and the bushing is missing out of the front of the cylinder. The paperwork with the gun says to take it back to the store where you bought it to see what they can do first before sending it back. So I guess I'll have to go back by tomorrow. I would hope they would just swap it for another revolver of the same make and model but who knows. Anybody else have any problems with these?

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've gpt the M1carbine/22lr and it runs like a champ. no problems whatsoever. very pleased with it
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M1 22 carbine also ..same size and weight as real one...neat...not great reviews on their 1911-22 though...on many of the import 22 revolvers i have reset the barrel gap to 0.003-4" as many have way to sloppy a fit...never ran across a lost bushing ???..atwoods should trade it for another...wichita store had the best price by far on a big gun safe when i asked the manager directly
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If someone in the supply chain decided they needed a "Free" bushing then OK.
    Otherwise poor and unacceptable QC.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well apparently all sales on firearms at Atwood's are final, sorry for your bad luck, contact the manufacturers. But I got to thinking about the two Colt SAA's that I have and one of them you can take the cylinder bushing out but the other is press fit or what have you. I checked the .22 long rifle cylinder that came with the gun and sure enough the bushing came out and fit in the .22 mag. cylinder. I guess this supposed to be how you use the .22 mag cylinder. The instructions do not cover this. Anyway I guess I'll keep it as is because I don't want to have to deal with chiappa customer service.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever Atwoods is I would let them and everybody else know what a dip-shat customer support company they are. I would never spend another dime there.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Winston Bode
    Well apparently all sales on firearms at Atwood's are final, sorry for your bad luck, contact the manufacturers. But I got to thinking about the two Colt SAA's that I have and one of them you can take the cylinder bushing out but the other is press fit or what have you. I checked the .22 long rifle cylinder that came with the gun and sure enough the bushing came out and fit in the .22 mag. cylinder. I guess this supposed to be how you use the .22 mag cylinder. The instructions do not cover this. Anyway I guess I'll keep it as is because I don't want to have to deal with chiappa customer service.

I'd be most pissed, at that answer. If I went back, after having voiced reservations about accepting the "display." I'd be asking to speak with the Manager, and be pretty forceful if necessary. That is some pretty shoddy CS, and business practice, in my opinion. Sorry for your bad luck.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever that place is, it sucks big time. The second they told me I had to take the display gun, I would have took my money elsewhere. Now that you have excepted the deal, I would be there when they open and tearing the manager a new one, in front of the other customers. They sold you part of a gun, not a whole gun, that you paid for. That is a serious load of crap. Oakie
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They do make some interesting firearms. I like the lever action 12 gauge (Winchester 1875?) style. I also like their triple barrel shotgun. That would be fun duck hunting. I wonder if I can give them all three barrels at once?

As for your pistol. I wonder if the bushing is "shared" between the two cylinders?
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    They do make some interesting firearms. I like the lever action 12 gauge (Winchester 1875?) style. I also like their triple barrel shotgun. That would be fun duck hunting. I wonder if I can give them all three barrels at once?

As for your pistol. I wonder if the bushing is "shared" between the two cylinders?

Your thinking Winchester Model 1887 or 1901.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excepting the revolvers they are turning into a poorer made squires Bingham Philippine hot mess...

I am hearing bad things.

Your mileage may vary - good luck with your purchase.

Mike
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    If you had bought a Ruger single six instead you wouldn't have any of theses problems, plus you would have a quality American made revolver.[:)][:)]