In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone like horses?

EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
This is a cool video, some are pictures some are artwork but all are worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3OnSQc48s
Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well one more time then off to the deep dark unknown of the cyber world.
  • Options
    flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, what with a picture being worth a thousand words, that post was worth a whole book ! Not much to say, 'cept thanks for posting it . . . it was worth the look. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I miss my horses so much it hurts. I would love to have one for the daughter but I am just not able to care for one anymore. No way I could ever trim a hoof or even just keep them clean.

When I was a bit younger we had 9 of them here and it was the best therapy for me that I could ever find. Being around them helped me relax. They counted on me for feed, water and good health, now I can't do my part so I just look at pictures.
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everytime i get near a horse, something bad happens to me.

XXXXXX
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not my thing really. A bit tough and you gotta cook it forever.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    My grandfather loved his horses, and refused to give them up even after he had bought tractors. He would often hitch a team to a wagon for some purpose, and leave the tow tractor to sit. But I realized that the horses would obey his voice commands not only when he was on the wagon, but when he was 50 feet away, something a tractor could never do. It gave me a new definition of the word 'team'. When he retired, he still kept horses, and he built a buggy so he could exercise them. And he had fun.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Horses are OK, but ATV's are better!
  • Options
    MtnSpurMtnSpur Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having been taught to ride by my dad when a youngster I developed a love of the mighty equine that's been with me my entire life. I have 4 currently (and a mini donkey my wife HAD to have) and wouldn't sell or trade them for any amount of money. They've become family, pets and dear friends. Yes, they require attention, constant feeding, grooming (when necessary) and the inevitable vet stuff and yet there is a peace when with them that I can't describe but that another horse owner would recognize. I won't argue they aren't the smartest of mammals but we all know humans like that too [:)]