In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Noah's Peru Photos very pic heavy

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice pics...MANY years ago i used to raise long hair peruvian guinea pigs for pet shops...ball of fur couldn't tell front from back..really fun pets that would whistle and squeak and play..never thought of them as food....
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Those people are really tiny.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I normally don't travel very far from home lots of places within 100 miles I have not seen BUTthat is one place I have always
    wanted to see with my own eyes There has to be some lost technology
    from somewhere
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you had some great weather for your trip.

Thanks for the pictures.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    Well guys and girls first off i want to thank HeDog for the tremendous and generous help in posting these pictures for me , as i am to much of a dummy[:D]to post them myself
    bear with me as i try to explain the pics
    #1 that is the Andes mountains with the Glaziers hanging down they have a name i can't remember? it is at least 30 miles away from where i was.
    #2 my son Joshua walking towards the Inca trail to Machu picchu.
    #3 the start to the trail up
    #4 selfie of me myself and i [:D][:D][:D] in the middle of the mountain jungle
    #5 my son walking up the Inca trail (that is how all the long walk up looks like (it was a killer for me)
    #6 & 7 Machu Picchu freaking AWESOME the mountain in the backdrop of the city holds another lost city on top very hard to tell as it is pretty far away and high. special permit to climb.
    #8 looking down to the Arumba river and where we started the climb up
    if you can tell all these mountains are straight up make it very tough
    to climb .
    #9 9 & 10 is and experimental planting garden / farm that the Incas developed to see how/ what crops grow best at certain depth and tempertures ( 500 hundred years ago [:0]) the holes are 300 feet deep
    #11 some of the stones that weigh 28 tons if you cantell they were set on small stones to act as shock observers when earth quakes struck and the expansion joints are the long thin rocks in between the large ones
    engineering marvels to this day.
    #12 i believe this is is the sun stone for time of the solstice and time keep sorta
    #13 & 16 is the mountain that also told them the seasons to plant /summer / winter/ fall ., also the town below the mountain is as old as 5-600 years old and still active and people living in the same houses as they did then.
    # 15 a wall and table the window like cutouts are where they placed items to store (like our kitchen cabinets)all these had roofs on them at the time of habitat.
    # 17 another ancient city across the lone mountain with city at bottom
    this area was used to defend them selfs from the Spanairds .
    # 18 my favorite picture my son and I on top of the SUN GATE MOUNTAIN
    the end of the Inca trail where you first see Machu Picchu
    we were up better than 13K ft. high
    # 19 & 20 more ancients pics of city
    # 21 that stone that you see is estimated to weigh 127 tons and was moved over 5-6 miles from another mountain that has that type of rock.
    several that size and all were work on to fit like legos amazing[:0]
    # 22 two local residents
    # 23 fresh water from the mountains to each home , it all goes under their houses and streets everyone had fresh water back then.
    # 24 my son and I at a bar in Cusco (city)
    # 25 more massive stones in hundreds of tons, incredible feats !![:0]
    # 26 the small town of Aguas Caliente the starting point to Machu Picchu
    # 27&28 more homes on top at Machu Picchu look at the way they built the walls everything is still standing the way they were built back then.
    # 29 aguas caliente township
    # 30 &31 this is one of their pets[:0]NOT !!!!!! these are their food source they raise them in the house and get one or two as they see fit to have lunch/dinner[xx(] i could not make myself to eat one as i saw them as RATS[xx(][xx(] the name is CUY ,we call them guinne pigs here.
    that is what they look like on the stick in open fire pits.

enjoy the pics
    i would like to thank Dale (HeDog) for his service on posting these pics for me.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Did U enjoy the Porcine goodness of those roasted Guinea Pigs??[:p][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bump to top for a good guy[:D][:D][:D][;)]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW!! Really great pics!!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,400 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Great pics, thanks to Noah, and He Dog for sharing!!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pics. Those Indians were some kind of stone masons. That masonry is so incredible it really makes me wonder, when these ancient astronaut theorists say that it was really done by aliens.

I would love to go to Machu Piccu some day.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Those people are really tiny.

Yeah I thought it was a giant goat !!

Great photos !!
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very interesting photos. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pictures! Thanks!
    What's next?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a very interesting place to visit. Great pics!
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, that is beautiful. Nice pictures. Noah, is that your homeland or just a vacation???? Your a lucky man to be able to see that.Oakie
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great photos
    thanks for sharing with us
    like countless others I have always been amazed at what was built and the craftsman shift that went into it so many years ago . would love to visit the site but odds are I never will [V]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Did U enjoy the Porcine RODENT goodness of those roasted Guinea Pigs??[:p][:p]

Fixed that for you.... I've had Nutria, but not the actual Pigs of Guinea. Tasted like chicken, but then I had it in a good Cajun Paella. Sometimes I do miss having to travel a lot for work. Had some plenty good eats along the way!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for sharing, glad you had a good time and made it back ok
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oakie my family has been in TEXAS since the mid 1800's
    born & raised all American TEXICAN[;)] Raul Briones at your service my friend[:D][:D]
    ps a vacation my son's birthday present to me for my 60th year on GODS Earth (Texas)[;)][;)]quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    WOW, that is beautiful. Nice pictures. Noah, is that your homeland or just a vacation???? Your a lucky man to be able to see that.Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you get a chance to pop over into Bolivia and see Puma Punku and Tiwanaku?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]Oakie !! it's that brown color that through you off, i laughed my * off with that question ,(is that your homeland [:D][:D]) not making fun of you or anything it's just most people here don't know i'm Mexican American but really i'm an AMERICAN from TEXAS and proud of it.

yes i/we had a blast it was a fast and furious 8 day jaunt. hard to see a lot of things in that time . lots of walking places are far in between
    thank you for asking Oakie ,it is a really nice cultural place to see and experience.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    naa we only had 8 days and believe me we were busy trying to see as much we could , my son wanted to go to the Amazon river but i was not up to it., we did eat Alpaca steaks a couple of times and they were great i do recommend that but not CUY[xx(]little piggies [:D][:D] quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    naa we only had 8 days and believe me we were busy trying to see as much we could , my son wanted to go to the Amazon river but i was not up to it., we did eat Alpaca steaks a couple of times and they were great i do recommend that but not CUY[xx(]little piggies [:D][:D] quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

One of my good friends family is from near Cusco and she went down this summer for her Grandmothers 100'th birthday. A whole bunch of our friends went with them to Machu Picchu, years ago, but at the time, we had small children and no family nearby to help out so we got to see the slide show. One of these Days....

Speaking of slide shows, He Dog, do you know Richard Bruce from Western Carolina University? (Specialized in plethodontid salamanders) He had epic slide shows, was a great friend of my In Laws from when they taught there ....
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, I gotta tell ya, my friend Raul is to Texican his name is not pronounced Ra-ool, it is pronounced Rawl. That is Texan. And one damn fine Texan at that.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Guys, I gotta tell ya, my friend Raul is to Texican his name is not pronounced Ra-ool, it is pronounced Rawl. That is Texan. And one damn fine Texan at that.

[^][^][^]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.