In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bull Snake vs. Redtail Hawk video

m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
This new video is making its way around Facebook. Punished 5 days ago on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV0cMf61urs&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool and life goes on
  • 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is so cool.
    They both have their place in the world, but I was cheering for the hawk !!!!
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I guess that hawk ffound out sometimes you are the windshild sometimes you are the BUG.[:0]
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a snake person but,... The hawk attacked the snake and from the looks of things, the snake had the upper hand in the fight.

After all is said and done, a snakes gotta eat too.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That hawk was ready to tap out.

Great vid

Thanks.
    RLTW

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad he rescued the hawk. I love red tailed hawks. I used to fly with red tailed hawks in my hang glider. Once I was about 3,500 feet up and I got about 30 feet above, and 50 feet behind a big red tail. I watched him control his flight by small flicks of his wings and tail. I could see his big, reddish-orange tail. This big boy had about a 5 foot wing span.
    What a beautiful sight to see, from that perspective.

After a few minutes the hawk got tired of his flying companion and he flew away, but I have always had a special affinity for red tails since that event.

Looks like this hawk tried to kill the snake and he bit off more than he could chew. Mother nature is cruel.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Surprising that the snake was doing so well in such a fight.
    What's next?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I bet that hawk picks on a smaller snake next time. This time would not have worked so well had a rescuer not happened by.

I don't think the snake could have, or would have even tried, to eat the hawk. It was responding to a deadly force threat with the only deadly force it had at its disposal.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a nesting pair of Red Tails that come each year and hatch at least two fledglings that fly down and around the nest...fun to watch them clear out all the squirrels...[:o)]
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That hawk is one lucky bird, I'll bet he will stick to mice after that experience. And must say the snake was very lucky too!!
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.