In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun question

Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
More specific and Egyptian Hakkim (sp?) . Friend of mine was out yesterday shooting and every 2nd or 3rd shot didn't discharge. Upon inspection we notice the casings that had fired had a deeper dent in the primer than the ones that did not fire. 2 questions, do you think this is a firing pin/spring problem? And if so, anyone know where to get parts at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I know...I know...What is a gun question doing on the forum.

Am thinking of a 45 LC lever action and I really like the looks of the Puma 92 with the 24" Octagon barrel and loading like the original Henrys.

Anyone have experience with these? The other option is the Marlin 1895CB...and I do have a Marlin lever already so I know they are reliable.

Thanks for any help or feedback.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is anybody making a single shot combo besides Rossi?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When the dust settles in a head to head shoot off is the M-14 (M-1A) platform more desirable than the AR-10 platform for shooting the 7.62 NATO round (using proper match hand-loads) accurately at long distances.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Should i get a pac lite barrel for my ruger 22/45 or get a keltec 9mm and a north american 22 lr. I already have 3 9mms and 5 22lrs. They are about the same price. David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know...scary thought: a gun question on a gun forum.

Sako TRG 22 .308WIN.
    Kimber 8400 .308WIN.

Pros and cons? Opinions?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a 22-250 heavy barrel built on a Mauser action that i bought a couple of months ago and just got around to shooting. the problem i have with it is they have one of those one shot guides and not a regular magazine follower. anyone know were i can get a magazine for the Mauser that will work for the 22-250
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine dropped of a Rossi 38 special revolver for me to look at. She was riding her horse and it fell out of her holster and slid across the road. When she went to shoot it she said flames came out of the back of the gun. I just looked at it and i see nothing wrong with it. Timing is fine, and the barrell looks good any other ideas. Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya i know were dont have many of these on here anymore. Anyway i was wondering if a rem 700 with internal mag can be converted to a box/clip feed with out major mod's
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was just in one of the local gun dealers here. They always have a pretty decent sale going about this time on guns since deer season is over. He had a beautiful Browning A-bolt Medallion, a left-handed version (!), in 25 wssm. I can buy it for $499. If it were in 308, or 7-08 or 30-06 I wouldn't even have to think it over. Just plunk over the money. But I don't know much about the 25 wssm. From what I read, it is similar, but not quite as powerful, as the 25-06. Some said it was equal to, or a bit better than the 257 Roberts. I did look at cartridges for a price comparison. They are in line with the 7-08 and 25-06 in price. I don't reload, so really wondering about the availability of this round in the future. It doesn't seem so popular right now. Will it make it, and should I buy the gun regardless?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since this is a "gun" discussion board, I was wondering if I could get some informed opinions on something I was pondering. I have an Auto-Ordnance 1911 that I'm thinking about having some custom work done on. For example: ambi-saftey, serrate front and top of slide, new sights and refinish. I figured the total of having Wilson Combat do it at about 800$+. My question is: Would, or have, any of you had this amount of work done to a pistol before? Or, would I be better off trading this gun in on a Kimber or Springfield?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sig Mosquito or Walther P22 ?
    Want one ,but need info on both .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Stevens single shot 12 gauge shot gun model 94C .It has a 36" full choke barrel on it. What I would like to know is there any other barrels out there that will fit this frame .Like a rifled barrel. Or if I want to shoot slugs with it. What be the best slug for a smooth bore?

longgun009.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I typically put alot of thought into a gun purchase (unless I am drunk bidding on Gunbroker). I will never sell/trade a firearm unless it is going to go towards the purchase of another. I just won a bid on a Bushmaster M4A3. At the time I was thinking that I would sell my Post Ban Bushmaster XM-15. I am now second guessing this due to the current Economical/Political climate we face here in the U.S.A My feeling is you can never have too many AR's. Would you keep the one you have or sell it at a considerable profit to fund the newly purchased one?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do you remove the bolt off a Mark 77 Ruger 300 win mag?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In one of the may posts on how they will take our guns. There was one that claimed a number like 35 gun deaths a day in the USA.

With some of the cities I keep hearing about like Chicago I can believe it.

But they are using that number to go after assault weapons. So what I want to know is does anybody have the break down of what was used in these deaths and how may were really from an Assault weapon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if I was looking for a moderatly priced rifle ( less than $700-800 ) wanted to be of light wieght ( <7lbs ) synthetic and chambered in .270wsm where would you guys steer me?

And no I don't want something in .270win....just humor me on this one.

imay not know it all.....but at least I know that!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone here fired the circuit judge yet? Thinking about getting one for the wife. She is in a wheelchair for life. Wants some kind of shotgun with more than 1 or two shots. She can handle a .410 single shot. She can not handle a judge pistol.
    She is pretty good with a .32 and a m-1 carbine but wants a shotgun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I picked up a saiga .308 and the chamber cover ( I am guessing that is what is called) has a rail for a scope. I would like to replace it with a regular one and replace it with a side mount scope rail.

Will a regular AK-47 cover work or do I need one that is specifically made for the .308.

Edit: Not being very bright makes my head hurt. The "chamber cover" I was referring to is actually the receiver cover.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So did i over pay for this. I have wanted one of these for many years and kept putting it off for the longest time. Well i happen to win a gift card at work for 200.00 and thought what the hell, might just as well pick it up now. I didnt think i did to bad on this untill i was told twice now that i over paid. Here is a link to the auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=181258723
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many pistols and long guns can a private, non ffl person sell in a year legally? I was wondering because my next door neighbor lady passed away and had 10 pistols and 5 rifles that were her husbnds who passed away a year ago in the house. The neice of the lady is the execturer (something like that) and does not like guns and wants to sell the whole lot to me. I don't want them all, just some of them and would sell the rest on here, but I don't know how many I can sell in a given time frame legally. Any help would be appreacated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm headed to a gun auction in a few hours. The seller has a bunch of prison stamped shotguns and rifles. They are mostly Winchester (model 12 shotguns and 1917 enfields) guns stamped Michigan State Prison. There are a few Remington 788's in the listing also.

My question is, would this detract from the value of the guns?[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok...been tossing this question around in my head for the last few weeks and trying to find a way to ask this question without offending anyone or creating a fight.

Can you folks tell me what you see in the military style guns? Like the AK's, CETME'S, etc. I want you to tell me why you like them. Explain to me the secret in the minds of men (or women) on why you like these guns and why they turn you on...when you look at these guns.

Like I said, I don't want to argue...just trying to get a different perspective and to see what you folks see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I figure out what frame I have on my revolver. I notice the grips are sold by frame size and I just puchased a S & W 10-6 Heavy Barrel w/ 4 inch barrel. The problem is the grips are kind of small for me and I would like to get larger grips for the gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just bought a 7.62x39 made in China imported by KSI. I paid 75.00. Gun has not been shot much and condition is 90%. Did I pay to much?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
    "Invoking time as a substitute for knowledge can be hazardous." Fred Redd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does any of you know what a ruger 10/22 22magnum is bringing in price. I found one I like that has all the factory stuff along w a butler stock and a bull barrel w/bi-pod.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have in my possession a Mosberg Model 51M(a) as noted on the barrel.. In my books a 51 is as bolt action , this is a semi auto that feeds through the stock.... In my books there is a Model 151A with a picture that is identical to this gun.. There is no Model 51M (a) listed in any of my books... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM The barrel is clearly marked 51M (a) .....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mini 14, why do people like this gun so much? I'v shot them and I know people that just love them. Why do you like them so much, is it customization or what? What model would you choose if you had to buy another or plan on buying?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is also in the Ask the Experts side.

I bought this gun Sunday at a gun and knife show and I have a question about what kind of ammo this thing can shoot. It just says .357. All the guns I have ever seen say 357/.38 Spec. So my question is can I shoot .38 specials out of it? Also can it handle +P ammo in both rounds?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Here is the gun.
    http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=31&category=9&breadcrumbseries=&search=.357
  • Options
    edited November -1
    are certain manufacturers required to test fire a gun then serialize the case and spent bullet to the gun for the federal government?

I heard that some manufactureres do that.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    At 700-800, I think there are better alternatives.

A 20ga semi auto isn't going to be a lot more kick. But there is significantly better down muzzle effect.

For half the price, I'd be looking in that direction.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mossberg 500 Tactical HS .410, has vertical forearm grip.
    Small, lightweight, not much recoil.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually I have not shot a CJ. But you might consider the 20GA recommendation. All I would add is to consider a youth model and possibly change to a pistol grip stock. I looked at some LOW RECOIL shell and they had a lower muzzle velocity than 410's under 1000 fps. Perhaps someone can comment on how well the low recoil loads work in an semi.