In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Robinson Arms M96 or XCR

1911builderMarine1911builderMarine Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Anyone here have any experience with the Robinson Arms M96 or XCR rifle systems???

Thanks.

Charles.

Comments

• Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    May I ask what that experience might be and your opinion of the rifle(s)???

Charles.
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an M-96 with a Stormwerks-Ace folder and a full length rail. I use a CMore 1 to 4X "donut dot" scope and an AAC single chamber brake.

The 96 is reliable and well built, the gas system is adjustable. Changing the barrel is easy, cleaning it and takedown in general is a breeze. I shoot the 96 when I want to use a semi but don't feel like going through all the cleaning required of the AR, Mini or BAR. In addition to take down the rifle runs pretty clean by using the FN FAL type piston set up.

The 96 has a different shooting feel to it, you can hear and feel the BCG sliding back & forth - hard to describe, but it's easy to keep on target.

Accuracy is fine, seems to shoot various 5.56 loads to pretty much the same point of impact. Down side is that there's no bolt hold open lever, although the bolt is held open after the last shot from a mag.

The factory brake wasn't quite to my liking so I had the barrel threaded to AR 15 specs.

The 96 and the ACR are quite different rifles, but what they share in common is that the company offers about zero customer service support - just want to toss that in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zero customer service support???

Does this mean they abandon you after the initial sale???

No spare parts or warranty???

Thanks.

Charles.