In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Import bans

dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Could someone please advise me on what all was banned I heard Russian and Romanian ak.s. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The United States and the European Union have slapped an arms embargo on Russia which will block any export trade with Russia in weapons or 'related material'. I think the arms trade nets Russia about $4 billion a year.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So buy up the Russian ammo?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks mark I saw a seller advertising a Romanian ak as banned and my wife jumped
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I think that it will be along dry spell for Russian firearms and ammo. Quite frankly, I doubt that any Russian made firearms or ammo will ever be sold in the United States again and the embargo will become permanent import ban on Russian made firearms and ammunition, just like the one in effect against China. Like China, there may be a few loopholes to allow certain shotguns to slip in, but you've probably seen your last Saiga imported.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We'll we have have enough aks and had an rpk built thanks to your wonderful pics mark we are looking for another mp5 that's how we became knowledgable about the crises with russia
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More about gun control than sanctions. I think the days of inexpensive Russian ammo might be coming to an end.

Obama has stopped the Korean M1 Garands because they may be used for "illicit purposes".

What a joke, all of them would have ended up in collectors safes, not on the street. We can't even buy back what our tax dollars paid for in the first place.