In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barrett Jackson on a Sat night

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in General Discussion
Cars are selling like hotcakes and bringing huge money.

Comments

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buddy of mine is there. Can't wait to see if he comes home with anything.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $525,000 for a 69 Vette. Rick Hendricks of course.
  • Options
    pistoljimpistoljim Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau

He also paid 1.6 mil. for 3 vettes with vin #1 on each of them.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Rick Hendrick

Made millions selling Honda automobiles in the 80's.

Plead guilty to giving houses to Honda executives and hundreds of thousands of dollars to BMW in bribes so that they would give him more cars to sale than what he was suppose to be allotted.

Slick Willie pardoned him in 2000.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll watch it later got it DVR'd. They I think they had a Desoto on yesterday. I believe it was a 56, stated it had a 341 Hemi in it. Never heard of a 341. 354 & 392 but not a 341. Hmmmmmmm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa

Rick Hendrick

Plead guilty to giving houses to Honda executives and hundreds of thousands of dollars to BMW in bribes so that they would give him more cars to sale than what he was suppose to be allotted.

You forgot to mention how many Wins he has in NASCAR. Man he has a killer Corvette Collection. [:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Is it still on?
    What channel/network?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

Rick Hendrick

You forgot to mention how many Wins he has in NASCAR. Man he has a killer Corvette Collection. [:D]

You forgot to mention that he made his millions selling Japanese made cars. You remember those Japanese that attacked Pearl Harbor that you are suppose to hate so much.. But yet you think an * that sells their products is some kind of a hero..
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    I'll watch it later got it DVR'd. They I think they had a Desoto on yesterday. I believe it was a 56, stated it had a 341 Hemi in it. Never heard of a 341. 354 & 392 but not a 341. Hmmmmmmm

The Desoto Fire Dome showed up in '52, the year after Chrysler. Smaller than the original Chrysler Hemi. The 341 is a higher deck, longer stroke engine than the early Fire Domes.

We have a guy in the car circuit with a beautiful 1956 Desoto wagon with a Fire Dome. They are really n7's looking engines.
  • Options
    pistoljimpistoljim Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Is it still on?
    What channel/network?

velocity channel
  • Options
    edited November -1

Rick Hendrick

You forgot to mention that he made his millions selling Japanese made cars. You remember those Japanese that attacked Pearl Harbor that you are suppose to hate so much.. But yet you think an * that sells their products is some kind of a hero..

Mr. Massengil, you should get your facts straight. He got City Chevrolet.. the largest Chevrolet dealership in the CarolinaS
    before 1980's. He made a fortune long before getting into the jap business.

http://www.hendrickauto.com/corporate-history.htm
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

The Desoto Fire Dome showed up in '52, the year after Chrysler. Smaller than the original Chrysler Hemi. The 341 is a higher deck, longer stroke engine than the early Fire Domes.

We have a guy in the car circuit with a beautiful 1956 Desoto wagon with a Fire Dome. They are really n7's looking engines.

Thanks for the info. They had a 58 Fury there on Thursday that had the same paint scheme as the 56 Desoto. Kinda a brown and white two tone with a ton of gold accents including the hub caps. Both of those were really sharp looking cars.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Rick Hendrick

Mr. Massengil, you should get your facts straight. He got City Chevrolet.. the largest Chevrolet dealership in the CarolinaS
    before 1980's. He made a fortune long before getting into the jap business.

http://www.hendrickauto.com/corporate-history.htm

It was a friggin world war against the japs. Do you recall them sneaky bastages bombing pearl harbor? Yea, it was a public service to manufacture war goods in GM factories to retain our freedom. Happy 4th of July.

Get you Jap junk off the coast...!!!

Most folks won't understand that. Here is a pic of my Grandmother ( on the right ) at a retirement party. She did 30 yrs. at Guide Lamp and built Machine guns and military parts for the Govt. during WWII. Some I hope that Killed the Japs we were fighting.

Look up how many JAP championships have been won.

One more time. You super nutsack hero Rick Hendrick made millions selling Japanese Honda's during the eighties.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    * Bag Professional , Ah , you hate successful people. If you can read, he has other dealerships and still has dealerships..something like 100 ( One Hundred ). He sells all makes of cars to support his Car addiction and NASCAR addition. Yes he is a Super Man in the collector car business. Once again Very Successful . No doubt you hate it.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Thanks for the info. They had a 58 Fury there on Thursday that had the same paint scheme as the 56 Desoto. Kinda a brown and white two tone with a ton of gold accents including the hub caps. Both of those were really sharp looking cars.

Desoto had some really great styling. Very innovative in many ways. Over the years, they have kind of suffered the same fate as Studebaker in that people who don't know the history hear the names and think they were some fuddy duddy car.

In fact, Desoto was a leader in body design and performance, as was Studebaker.