In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there a 12 Step program for this?

Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
My name is Chris...and I am an Ammoholic.

I buy ammo just to have it. I have ammo my wife doesn't know about. I have ammo for guns I don't own.

Sometimes I inventory my ammo...alone.

[8)]

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    step 1 mail it all to me, out of sight out of mind
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would hate to pass my problem along to someone else...[8D]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be working on step 8 first
    "Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all"
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,646 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dang It another issue I did not realize I had [V][V]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know not the definition, but understand it is an illness, not a choice.

I have purchased rechargeable desiccant cans for ammo cans full of milsurp ammo that does not require it.

I have de-linked and re-linked belts of 30-06 and .50 BMG ammo to make sure there was no corrosion under the links.

I have polished milsurp 30-06 to remove any hint of color from the case or projectile, knowing that the minor tarnish would never affect feeding or accuracy, but it is important that it looks right.

When we lost power this winter, I opened the door to the ammo room to ensure that what ever heat was available from the fireplace made it way there to keep them warm and safe.

Hopefully all this is normal. I suspect it is not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    There is no shame in the way you are. I have some of the same problems. I too had large amounts of ammo for calibers/gauges that I did not even have. I simply acquired the firearms that can utilize them and found inner peace.[^]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never left the house (except to feed the critters) today, a sunny beautiful day. Instead I loaded .223 ammo. The eight pounds of CFE223 I just got is almost gone. The empty 300 blackout brass is calling me now, load me, load me......[:D]

Why do I have 700 rounds of 7.62X25 and no gun to shoot it in?
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    I just entered into program for it, it doesnt quite have 12 steps though. Its called the reloading program. So far I have built my table and aquired the reloader in a kit, more steps to follow soon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    I know not the definition, but understand it is an illness, not a choice.

I have purchased rechargeable desiccant cans for ammo cans full of milsurp ammo that does not require it.

I have de-linked and re-linked belts of 30-06 and .50 BMG ammo to make sure there was no corrosion under the links.

I have polished milsurp 30-06 to remove any hint of color from the case or projectile, knowing that the minor tarnish would never affect feeding or accuracy, but it is important that it looks right.

When we lost power this winter, I opened the door to the ammo room to ensure that what ever heat was available from the fireplace made it way there to keep them warm and safe.

Hopefully all this is normal. I suspect it is not.

Normal is a relative judgment, Don. Around here I think you are looking OK.

My wife thinks I am a headcase for having all this stuff. My son thinks I am a future asset. [B)]