In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Getting a divorce

KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
After being with the wife for 14yrs, she's proven that a worthless * from a long family history of worthless bitches will never rise above their genetic programming to be anything more than lazy manipulative bitches. My only regret is wasting the past several years thinking that someone would stop being a worthless *, I was dead wrong. Looking forward to losing half my stuff to be rid of a split-tail that hasn't raised a finger to benefit the family but has let me run myself broke and ragged so she can sit her fat * on the couch and watch TV and keep buying more expensive crap
T

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes it is best to move to the next phase of Life. It sounds like that time for you, is Now.

Good luck, fair winds, and always remember to dig the hole first.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like your serious....good luck!
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Now is your chance! Get a Harley-Davidson Electra Glide and split![:D] You will find plenty of women ready to ride with you. Never keep one longer than the state line though! Try to get all of the lower 48 states, that will give you a new outlook on life and you will forget all about your ex wife.[:D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Sometimes it is best to move to the next phase of Life. It sounds like that time for you, is Now.

Good luck, fair winds, and always remember to dig the hole first.

+1 Sorry for the stress you are dealing with. Get it done as quickly as possible.....even if it means giving up some of the mess you want. I know people that have made this sort of thing last years and years....making the lawyers happy and just causing more stress in the end.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I went through this last year. Also, after 14 wasted years. Best thing that ever happened to me. Stay strong, protect yourself, and get through this with as much dignity as you can.

Dan
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My condolences.

Even if it is the best thing, it will still be painful.

BTDT. [:(]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear , lucky for me still going but know lots who it did not work out life's too short , good luck and hope the best for you
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    things seem to work out for the best if you let them....getting there is sometimes rocky also...relax, sit back, and go slow
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you man.
    What's next?
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Stuff is just stuff, be it cars, houses, whatever. You can't put a price on piece of mind. As Kasey said, do it, get it over with and go on with your life.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    My mom had two sisters. One got divorced and one that SHOULD have gotten divorced. the kids (my cousins) from the divorced mother grew-up and had healthy opinions of their parents and of life in general. the kids of the parents that should have divorced grew-up to be the most hateful, spiteful, painful to be around people you'd ever want to meet. When their mother (the one that didn't divorce) died, their wasn't even an obit in the newspaper or a memorial service. She just dies and that was that. There was 6 kids and they are all within 50 miles of when I go to visit my dad, but I wouldn't walk to the front of the house to see them, let alone drive any where. The Hell that those kids grew-up in shouldn't be forced onto anyone- there are times when the best thing for everyone is for the couple to part ways.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry but Your not the first and You wont be the last on here.Try and keep things civilised learn from it and move on.Good Luck!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah but at one time you loved her.
  • Options
    booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    You have a great listening crowd here. Quick and as painless as possible. As mentioned you can always acquire new stuff, but good health, mental and physical, is usually a one time deal.

Sometimes it is better to give up a few things, just to move on quicker.

Good luck on this, as these are usually messy.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kam I am debating the very same decision as I sit here reading your post, only I have over 32 years invested with kids and grandkids. I hope things work out for you I can feel the bitterness in your post as I am the same way at this moment,good luck to you..
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember, she can have everything but your blood, you need that to live. I feel what you are going through, as many of us have been there. My first, listened to her daddy when he said I would never amount to much since I didn't join the navy. She is married to her third husband, living in an apartment on welfare, with an abusive husband. Hope she is enjoying her life that daddy planned for her. Oh, and his second wife, took him to the cleaners and he is destitute too. Life has funny twist and turns.

I wish you well my friend and don't look back, as better days are ahead for you. You deserve better and will find it, trust me, I did. Oakie
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by booter_one
    You have a great listening crowd here. Quick and as painless as possible. As mentioned you can always acquire new stuff, but good health, mental and physical, is usually a one time deal.

Sometimes it is better to give up a few things, just to move on quicker.

Good luck on this, as these are usually messy.

Best advice and that is spot on. Wish someone gave it to me at the time of my divorce.

Hillbillie, I was in your same shoes over the last year. Donna and I are making a run at it and trying to salvage our marriage. Both have our faults, but were going to make it work if it kills us. Were still in love and have a lot going for us, we just need outside help and are getting it. Not marriage counseling, but some good friends and family are making us see the light. I love her to death as she does me, were just at that stage. Oakie
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fast and painful. Easiest way.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Yeah but at one time you loved her.

Things change, sounds like you are doing a great thing for yourself KAM!! BTDT too and in a few years you'll be amazed how much happier you are. Cutting lose half your stuff is a wise investment to shed a worthless anchor. Cheers!!
  • Options
    Okie MomOkie Mom Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness, and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth and value, but because we finally realize our own.
  • Options
    bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After ending a long term relationship myself and watching my two older brothers and countless other people go through divorces, I would strongly recommend:
    1. You remove any personnel items that you would like to keep from the home and store them with someone you trust under the guise that they are 'gifts'. I have seen everything from family heirlooms to the tools a man had before the marriage, disappear or be sold to split the estate.
    2. Cancel any credit cards that she can use to run up bills you will be responsible for, and if possible freeze your credit so she can't get more credit cards.
    3. Hire the best divorce attorney you can to give you the best advise to look out for your interests.
    Good luck and know that the stress and sadness you might be going through will be replaced by the feeling of relief not having to go home to a person that is making you miserable.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been married for 34 years so I don't know. However every one I know who got a divorce says they are much happier and seem to be doing OK.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember, fighting dirty is a plus if fighting a war. A divorce is a type of war so anything goes. Get your stuff protected!! As worthless as you say she is it is very possible to still be in love, as embarrassing as that can be to one's self esteem.

To get over an X take a new to bed! One at least 15 years younger than your soon to be X. Repeat this process as many times as necessary to get her completely out of your head.

Remember, the best revenge is getting on with your life and doing so well she wishes she was still with you!!

A new, younger, really pretty girl friend/wife is always a plus![:D] This can often lead to many sleepless nights by the X.[}:)]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joey, sorry to hear it bud.
    Just finalized mine 4/22 after 15yrs too. Raised her 4 juvenile delinquents, and put her through college to get her Masters, then I got kicked to the curb. Better off now, drama free, and almost enjoying normal stress levels.[:)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I joke about my three divorces, they are painful public reminders of our human failings.

I am sorry you are going through this.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lew07
    Sorry but Your not the first and You wont be the last on here.Try and keep things civilised learn from it and move on.Good Luck!

+many. Good luck and get a good lawyer.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KAMsales
    After being with the wife for 14yrs, she's proven that a worthless * from a long family history of worthless bitches will never rise above their genetic programming to be anything more than lazy manipulative bitches. My only regret is wasting the past several years thinking that someone would stop being a worthless *, I was dead wrong. Looking forward to losing half my stuff to be rid of a split-tail that hasn't raised a finger to benefit the family but has let me run myself broke and ragged so she can sit her fat * on the couch and watch TV and keep buying more expensive crap
    T

Sorry to hear of it, but it sounds like you've made a decision. Most dangerous words ever, "I just want to be done with this so I'll sign anything." Have your lawyer talk you out of that one. I've heard of people signing some crazy documents because they just want to be done with the divorce. Then they have the next zillion years deal with huge financial problems.

One other thing: Don't even think of re-marrying for the next five years. Don't even allow the thought to enter your mind. Date several women, get laid by all of them, be polite and friendly and a good boyfriend, but if the thought of marriage even enters your mind walk away.

So many guys get divorced and are remarried in four months or six months or eight months simply because the shock of not having a woman in the house is too much to deal with. Unsurprisingly, most of these sudden marriages don't turn out well. So nothing for five years.

One more other thing: If you're not looking to have kids, don't remarry. A woman can live with you, you can be boyfriend / girlfriend, you can eat every meal together. But if you never marry, when things go south you just tell her it's time to leave. Very easy to do. Married, not even close.

Good luck. I hope it works out.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bundy
    After ending a long term relationship myself and watching my two older brothers and countless other people go through divorces, I would strongly recommend:
    1. You remove any personnel items that you would like to keep from the home and store them with someone you trust under the guise that they are 'gifts'. I have seen everything from family heirlooms to the tools a man had before the marriage, disappear or be sold to split the estate.
    2. Cancel any credit cards that she can use to run up bills you will be responsible for, and if possible freeze your credit so she can't get more credit cards.
    3. Hire the best divorce attorney you can to give you the best advise to look out for your interests.
    Good luck and know that the stress and sadness you might be going through will be replaced by the feeling of relief not having to go home to a person that is making you miserable.

Sound Advice Indeed....