In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cousin Brucie

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited June 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes he does! Three night a week he takes over Sixties on Six on Sirius radio and does his show, I can't stand the guy.
    He sounds like he is brain damaged.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Yes he does! Three night a week he takes over Sixties on Six on Sirius radio and does his show, I can't stand the guy.
    He sounds like he is brain damaged.

That is where I heard him, finally changed the channel when I caught myself Yell Shut the F up.
  • Options
    TerantTerant Member Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    I listened to Cousin Brucie's "All Night Party" in 1964 & 1965 on WABC 770 AM on Saturday night. I loved his show. He had some background music on when he was talking. Only thing I didn't like was the obsession with The Beatles. Usually listened to WMCA 560 AM, but loved Cousin Brucie on Sat nights. Of course, I might have been a little younger then.[:)]
    A country with uncontrolled borders is not a country, but an uncontrolled region.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He was talking while the Music was playing and not making any sense.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Must be something in the air. I yelled out "Shut the F*** UP!!"
    and changed the station to Seventies on Seven.

I sent Sirius an email several years ago that said, "I must call to your attention that a brain damaged individual has taken over your radio show. Now, we all admire Brucie's courage. But let's face it, he needs to be kept in his room in the mental institution, and given his dose of Thorazine, and his phone and microphone taken away from him.

The cause of his injury is a mystery, some say he was in a terrible car wreck where his head hit the door post and he suffered brain damage, other reports are that he had a severe stroke. Or two.
    But no matter how much we admire Brucie's courage, he is clearly incapable of doing the radio show so cut out the charity deal and get him off the air!!!"

I thought that was pretty funny. Didn't hear back from Sirius.
    I like to think that perhaps some smart * at Sirius printed out my email and put it on the wall.

We two can't be the only 2 listeners who think this way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I changed to 50's on 5 the 1st time he came on the second I went back to I think 77 The Blues channel.

Just checked its 74 BB King's Bluesville
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Terant you were listening to the guy 54 years ago! A guy who was at the top of his game a half century ago, might be "over the hill" today.

I was listening to am radio 54 years ago on "Quixie" WQXI am 790. But, that was in Atlanta I never heard of Cousin Brucie.

Until, five years ago I got Sirius radio.
  • Options
    TerantTerant Member Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I know, plus I was 16-17 years old. Don't think he talked during songs back then. Was not impressed with the Youtube in Grumpy's post. Guess he's only good for good memories.[;)]

Terant you were listening to the guy 54 years ago! A guy who was at the top of his game a half century ago, might be "over the hill" today.

I was listening to am radio 54 years ago on "Quixie" WQXI am 790. But, that was in Atlanta I never heard of Cousin Brucie.

A country with uncontrolled borders is not a country, but an uncontrolled region.
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's another Cousin Brucie fan from the 60's. WMCA and WABC were the stations we would listen to on our new, small, transistor radios on the boardwalk in New Jersey. Good memories from back then. Being a WMCA Good Guy, hearing a new Beatles tune, all the great old songs from that era. Good times.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Terant
    I listened to Cousin Brucie's "All Night Party" in 1964 & 1965 on WABC 770 AM on Saturday night. I loved his show. He had some background music on when he was talking. Only thing I didn't like was the obsession with The Beatles. Usually listened to WMCA 560 AM, but loved Cousin Brucie on Sat nights. Of course, I might have been a little younger then.[:)]

He must be 100 y/o now. Of course he's confused LOL
    He was on WABC radio in NYC - hand held transistor radio on the grammer school playground. If we had 2 we had stereo[:)]
    What a great time to grow up.

Lead.... WMCA? Was in our Newark area back yard. The tower in the Meadowlands was a landmark going into NYC
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bruce Morrow was an icon of the 60's, he's 82 years old now and is on the 60's station for us old farts nostalgia , no he's not the same "young" guy from back then, but still remembers the great music and bands from my generation .
    If you didn't grow up with him you have no idea as to his influence on the radio back then, yes he can be long winded now, but he is still here and more power to him !
    We lost another great DJ from the NY tristate area this past week, Dandy Dan Ingram... RIP To another icon.
    Time passes too quickly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To be honest I grew up Listening to the Wolfman. But could not imagine what he would sound like now.
  • Options
    firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sirius radio is supposed to be music, not some guy who likes to hear himself talk. If I wanted 40% music and 60% something else I'd listen to totally free AM stations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic
    Sirius radio is supposed to be music, not some guy who likes to hear himself talk. If I wanted 40% music and 60% something else I'd listen to totally free AM stations.

That was my thought too I used to listen to 26 Classic Vinyl, but when I could drive from home to work about 20 minutes and not hear any music I changed the channel.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Cousin Brucie was an old man 54 years ago.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I pretty much avoid listening when he's yapping!

Depending on my mood, I bounce around on SiriusXM between 50's on 5, 60's on 6, 70's on 7, Classic Vinyl, The Bridge, and Coffee House.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever his show is on I switch the channel. All he does is talk, and I can't stand his voice. I too end up screaming for him to shut up.

I once complained to Sirius about is yapping so much, but it didn't get me anywhere.

I like the Bridge station, but every other song is an Elton John, and I can't stand him.

I mostly listen to channel 19 (Elvis), or Classic Vinyl. Willie's Roadhouse is pretty good for Country.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As I said above I Like the Blues Channel but they seem to play the same stuff each and every day at the same time.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember I am listening to the damn Sirius 17 hours a day in the big truck. I also like the Bridge, and Seventies on Seven. Like someone said, on both channels, Elton John is every other song!

I like the guy OK, never bought any albums but he is OK, but, damn does he get air time to the fourth power.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cousin Bruce Morrow was big in NYC 50 years ago. Sex, drugs, rock and roll take a toll.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Sex, drugs, rock and roll take a toll.

Also known as the NJ "A" ticket[8D]

What a ride!