In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

obamacare

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,471 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Talk to my daughters bus driver today. His Obamacare insurance is going up 6 times the originally cost. 600%. for what he gets versus the cost, he will have to pay the fine and go without insurance, the tax is less of a burden for him.

We're talking about a single guy above 50 and he can't afford Obamacare.

This will be the untold story of 2016. Working poir enslaved by a dysfunctional healthcare mandate.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    COVERAGE IN A NUTSHELL

The phone rings and the lady of the house answers, "Hello."
    ''Mrs. Sanders, please."
    ''Speaking."
    ''Mrs. Sanders, this is Doctor Jones at Saint Agnes Laboratory. When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way, the results are not too good."
    ''What do you mean?" Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.
    "Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV(AIDS). We can't tell which is which."
    ''That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Sanders.
    "Normally we can, but Obamacare will only pay for these expensive tests one time."
    ''Well, what am I supposed to do now?"
    ''The folks at Obamacare recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Question:
    If powers to be delay the drop dead date on signing
    up to"let's say May 2014"
    What happens to all the people who have had their
    health insurance cancelled as of Dec 31st 2013?

They'd be in limbo- right?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A Lib friend of mine told me today "I hope the dems ram the health care through in the middle of the night with NO pub support!".

to which I replied, "Me too!".

And he retorted, "RIGHT!".

And then I explained, "No, really I do. It is going to pass, so in 2-3 years when it is an incredible mess, maybe, just maybe the libs will be done for good and the pubs can say, 'I told you so!' ".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just read the Senate Republicans have conceded defeat on their latest attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare. Why does it need to be replaced? Healthcare is not a right. If you want it, then earn it. What happened to the free-market system?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A man who had just undergone a very complicated operation kept complaining about a bump on his head and a terrible headache. Since his operation had been an intestinal one, there was no earthly reason why he should be complaining of a headache.

Finally his nurse, fearing that the man might be suffering from some post-operative shock, spoke to the doctor about it.

The doctor assured the nurse, "Don't worry about a thing. He really does have a bump on his head. About halfway through the operation we ran out of anesthetic."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WASHINGTON (AP) - You can now open your own personal "Obamacare" account - but you'll have to wait awhile before you can actually use it to pick a health insurance plan.

Just eight weeks before the Oct. 1 launch of open enrollment under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law, administration officials announced Monday that the Affordable Care Act is a step closer to reality for millions of uninsured Americans.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said consumers can now go online to healthcare.gov and create personal accounts by establishing a username and password.

However, serious shopping will have to wait until sometime in September, when details on insurance plans and premiums offered in local areas will become available through the new online marketplace.

While Monday's announcement may sound like partial progress only, Sebelius quickly moved to put the law's doubters on notice. "Let me be clear," she said. "We are on target and ready to flip the switch on Oct. 1."

The congressional Government Accountability Office and Treasury's inspector general for the Internal Revenue Service have been among the nonpartisan oversight organizations warning of possible delays with the rollout of the law.

The new personal account feature unveiled Monday will be available just in English for the time being.

FULL STORY
    http://money.msn.com/health-and-life-insurance/news.aspx?feed=AP&date=20130806&id=16778141
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:

With the Supreme Court likely to weigh in on Obama#65533;s health care law in the very near future,
    the AMA decided to poll their members for their feelings about the law:

Here are the results:

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package.

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the

Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologist's had sort of a gut feeling about it,

but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception,

while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"

while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness,

while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing

and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter".

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward,

but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas,

and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the jerks in Washington.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,497 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1