In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What to cook?

84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Tomorrow.

I have several premium NY Strips, (leaning that way.) Baked potatoes, steamed onions, butter, sour cream, fresh steamed carrots, etc. Also a large rack of St. Louis style siriracha dry rub ribs. (Mmmnnn....ribs.) same list of sides.

I also have the fixin's for taco's and or Nachos Supreme. (Tacos) Soft corn tortillas, lightly fried in olive oil in a small cast iron pan, Sliced pickled Jalapenos, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced onions, shredded cabbage, salsa etc. etc.

Ground beef, refried beans,(ranchero style) finely diced garden fresh hot peppers. (Thai, Sorreno, jalapeno, etc.)

Nachos, same as above but Tostillas, with the ground beef, refried beans, layered, Mexican combo finely shredded cheese, etc etc over all. Of course, gunnut505's red and/or green chile dust. If I get crazy, the red Pequillo ("Hot, hot, be very careful powder.)

Still need to pick up some fresh shredded mozzarella, in order to make lasagna. My mouth is watering for it though. Uhmmn........

Still have a large Crock pot of Polska Kielbasa gumbo, to eat. (Sorry Pwillie.) It's good sheeit though.

What to do?

Uhmmn,......No brocolli suggestions, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabbage and onions in the Oven

Hoppin Johns w/ rice

Pork chops

Sweet Potatoes
    RLTW

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    broccoli on a hoagie,,[;)][;)]
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY strip (black angus), salad and baked tater.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    broccoli on a hoagie,,[;)][;)]

Knew I could count on you Joe.

I actually just had more left over Chinese. Some of it was chicken and broccoli. (Not my left over beyond prime stuff.) It was good.

I will be cooking tomorrow. (No brocolli.)
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Hoppin Johns w/ rice

Pork chops

Sweet Potatoes

Isn't that what Ken has been doing since last night?[:0][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

Hoppin Johns w/ rice

Pork chops

Sweet Potatoes

Isn't that what Ken has been doing since last night?[:0][:D]

Yes Mark, but ended early this AM. Got lucky. (?) [:0][B)]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cornbread and black eyed peas for good luck in the new year!!!! [;)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steamed onions? What the Hell is that? Are they the little ones one might find with peas? Or a big * Walla Walla steamed whole?
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We get together with 3 or 4 couples every New Years Eve. Not at our house this year. So wife is bringing a snack dish. I think it's called "Ramki"? Anyway it's a bacon wrapped water chestnut with with I think chicken liver? May not sound good but it is[:D]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    We get together with 3 or 4 couples every New Years Eve. Not at our house this year. So wife is bringing a snack dish. I think it's called "Ramki"? Anyway it's a bacon wrapped water chestnut with with I think chicken liver? May not sound good but it is[:D]

Rumaki; yummy bacon-wrapped chicken liver, sometimes served with wasabi, Nuk Mam sauce, Ranch Dressing, creamy horseradish, or rolled in toasted sesame seeds with spicy bean curd (drooling now).
    If you have gout troubles, try to leave a couple on the tray.[:p]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steaks tonight(Tradition)....then Collards and Hog Jowls, along with "Blackeyed" Peas.... Cornbread...sweet potatoes...Collards denotes "Green Money" for the New Year...Hog Jowls ,because they are good! Black Eyed Peas for good luck!...oh, I almost forgot Pork Roast...o n the grill...
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always been told that the good luck meal for the following year is pork and sauerkraut. It must work!! I'm the richest man ever!! I have been married to the best woman anywhere for almost 20 years. When you have a wonderful Christian woman you are blessed beyond belief!![:D][:D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Steaks tonight(Tradition)....then Collards and Hog Jowls, along with "Blackeyed" Peas.... Cornbread...sweet potatoes...Collards denotes "Green Money" for the New Year...Hog Jowls ,because they are good! Black Eyed Peas for good luck!...oh, I almost forgot Pork Roast...o n the grill...

Mmm mmmm good! That's what livin' is all about!!

Happy New Year, Paul!
    What's next?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cook a huge mess of collards and jowls on new years and can the rest to enjoy the rest of the year. Black eyed peas, rice and a grilled tri tip with a side of cracklin corn bread.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******
    edited November -1
    I am craving some good PIZZA so that will take care of my New Years vittles.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tons and tons of herring.[:)]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Tons and tons of herring.[:)]

Pickled or creamed?