In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kielbasa, Kraut, and Inglehoffer Mustard

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Sometimes I'll get a hankering for dinner and nothing else will do.

Tonight I piced up skinless kielbasa, a jar of kraut, and a jar of Inglehoffer stone ground mustard.

That was it. Talk about hitting the spot! Ready in ten minutes with a good black beer. The mustard makes the meal.

I share the corned beef and cabbage with the dogs, but not my sausage and kraut. [:p]

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Inglehofer is Great! For a variety, try Boar's Head, grainy Mustard very like Inglehofer's, but with Horseradish!!!!!
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the inspiration for dinner. Alas, no Sauerkraut, winged it. (I need to keep some premium sauerkraut in the cupboard, and on hand.)

Premium skinless smoked Kielbasa, thick sliced at an oblique angle, Russet potatoes, onions, carrots, and green peppers, all rough diced. Drizzled in EVOO, salt, pepper, Galena Blasting powder. Baked in a large cast iron skillet at 375-400* for 30-45 minutes, stirred up, overturned, then baked for another 30-40 minutes.

Threw the carrots and green peppers in at last moment, after 1st 30-45 minutes. figured WTH, I love baked veggies. Needed to cook them. Smelling/looking good. I have some very good stone ground mustard as well.

Dark rye bread.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

I share the corned beef and cabbage with the dogs. [:p]

Because there is nothing quite like Cabbage farts from a Dog. [:0][B)][xx(][:D]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see a down side!! YUM!!
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see a down side!! YUM!!
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a trial jar of Mustard Girl Deli Mustard. It's great! The same stone-ground texture, faintly sweet, horseradish tang of Inglehofer's. Just had some on THE classic ham and Swiss on rye for my lunch. Trial passed with flying colors - this one's going to be a standard with me.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I make about 5 gallons of kraut every year an Im waiting for the new cabbage already.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You from Milwaukee originally[:D]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,427 ******
    edited November -1
    This sounds delicious but finding GOOD Kielbasa around here is a major task!

Everything is laced with poultry feathers and bird beaks![xx(]

I need to travel nearly 100 miles round trip to visit my Polish Meat Market. Hmmmm, guess I have a road trip coming very soon!