In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Star Trek" Marathon

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Didn't wanna watch "White Boy Rick" even though his story seems fantastic. Cocaine is a Hell of a drug (quoting Rick James [:D]).

I could've started on "Night School", too but I didn't that would've hit the spot either.

So, three days off and a fridge full of Chinese take out, lower drawer in the fridge half full of beers. Get my Klingon on [:D]. Started to watch "The Motion Picture" last night but fell asleep before meeting "vger". You got to give me credit for making it that far [:D].

Have you guys noticed the even numbers were good with Shatner and odd numbers are good with Pine? Next Gen movies were a hit or a miss (gawd I miss Tasha Yar). Something about blondes with dark roots cropped short in the back. Same thing with Julia Fordham in the '80s.

Anyways, I ain't gonna watch what I missed on "The Motion" since Wrath Of Khan is next. Too bad I don't have blue food coloring to make the Vodka in to Romulan Ale [:D].

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    Yosh, that blue food coloring makes your drink into "Trania" not Romulan ale!!

Don't you remember the episode staring Clint Howard, Opie's lil brother who also used to have a tamed bear named Gentle Ben?

He played an alien midget who introduced Capt. James T. Kirk to the pretty blue drink after making him run through a maze of life and death situations. He ha he ha ha ha ha ha...?.and now the Trania[:p]
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Brookwood - Didn't really care for the original TV shows. Liked the movies better. There's a lot of Blue Curacao in Star Trek Universe. I recall Andorian Ale is also blue. Anyhow I was watching the Undiscovered Country and this Romula Ale was fizzy and very light in blue color.

I do remember the episode you speak of. Also according to the internet Tranya was orange or pink.

Wrangler - Star Trek is more nerdier. Star Wars was just a whiteman appropriation of a Japo movie "The Hidden Fortress".

I did notice a few things while re-watching "Star Trek" like how the Genesis Cave could get sunlight? Did they grow a sun in the cave? And how the Genesis planet get a sun? It was just in a middle of a nebula so where did the sun come from?

I also noticed an Asian Vulcan banging the gong when they brought Spock back to the planet for the Katra removal how racist was that [:D]?

When the whales were released in "Voyage Home" I'd thought the whales would just hang out for a while in the bay. But somehow the whales traveled to "Alaska" from San Francisco like in 12 hours was just short of warp speed [:D].

I guess we were more forgiving back then.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
    edited November -1
    Yosh, you'll have to forgive me for giving the tranya the wrong color.
    Our old Magnavox set could turn the greenest grass on an NFL playing field bluer than the nose on ole Uncle Jeds gopher![:D]

This has been a very old joke about Star Trek but still gets a chuckle out of me, where any Enterprise crewman other than the elite regular officers are assigned to planet exploration duty...?.Better get your affairs in order![:0][:D][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Brookwood - No problem I had to google tranya.

Yup still don't like Next Gen. movies. Gates McFadden is growing on me though [:D]. I may skip the rest of them (I think I got two or three left) I'm on the "Briar Patch" one.

Life is too short to watch bad Star Trek movies [:D]? Also running low on Chinese take out [:D].
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I skipped the last two. I did realize why I don't like Next Gen. movies. It's the DC Universe. Original movies are like Marvel, fun and Next Gen is just dark and gloomy.

I also forgot in Vegas they once had a Star Trek hotel that closed up in '08 according to the Bonus disc. Never been but wished I had. I wonder how much it would cost to build a hotel that had the Star Trek theme? If I ever won half a billion on lotto.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Not Star Trek, (But)

What does a Wookie taste like?

Kinda Chewy. [:D]