In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dems at the pool

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
So we are in a runoff for Congress in the 5th district here in Georgia. The Dems are organized and persistant. They came to the door about two weeks ago and met the wife and said that my name ... TA was on a list of registered dems and they were checking to make sure I was voting in the special election in June... Now that was rather funny to me and the wife... we smiled and wished that crazy lady on her way. So fast forward to yesterday. Same crazy lady was walking around the pool.. ( probably 250 ppl there for the holiday party ) with a clipboard and checking to make sure that ppl had registered and were sending in their absentee ballots. Really got under my skin. She can do what she wants, its a free country, but the bottom line is that us conservatives are doomed. They are organized and all stirred up over this last presidential election. Also the looks I got were obvious that they knew where I stood and didnt approve.

Well I will be voting and also moved to give some more money to my party. Its just rather scary what our system has become. I hope that we dont lose that seat in Congress to Pelosi. I would puke in the pool..

Ros
Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had to deal with the same here but things are far worse. When you tell them you are NOT going to vote for the DEMOCRAT candidate, then name calling and insults begin. Misogynist, racist, samephobe etc.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,353 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    ......the bottom line is that us conservatives are doomed. They are organized and all stirred up over this last presidential election.
    Why do conservatives need to be doomed? Why can't they be organized too? Never win with an attitude like that.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    many of our current crop of repubs do NOT know which party they are in
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you know how many Dems have been voted out in the last few years?
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Every time there's an election I have 3 or 4 Democrats knock on the door and zero Republicans. I also get 3 or 4 human Democrats callers. I politely tell them no thank you and wish them well. The Republicans have to step up their ground game.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    She needed to get "bumped" into the deep end.

How do you like me now??

Just sayin'.