In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ID a S&W for me?

oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
sw003.jpg

S&W revolver, .38 S&W cal..hammerless top break, grip safety, ser.# 246825, barrel stamped, "Smith and Wesson Springfield Mass. Seems to be hard rubber grips with Smith logo. About 95% or better condition. This is my first attempt at posting a pic, I hope it works, but I'll be shocked if it does.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.

Comments

• Options
    rockfordrockford Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldgunner
    sw003.jpg

S&W revolver, .38 S&W cal..hammerless top break, grip safety, ser.# 246825, barrel stamped, "Smith and Wesson Springfield Mass. Seems to be hard rubber grips with Smith logo. About 95% or better condition. This is my first attempt at posting a pic, I hope it works, but I'll be shocked if it does.

The revolver is of the type called New Departure or Lemon Squeezer, from there, with the serial number you will find out which variation it is.

After looking in the Blue Book, I think your gun is the fifth model also known as a safety hammerless.1907-1940

Fred
  • Options
    icdux1icdux1 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sir, your gun is a .38 safety hammerless 5th mod. serial range 220000-261493 produced 1907-1940 approx 41,000 made. offered in 2in, 3 1/4, 4,5,6in bbl a slight premium for the longer bbl in the higer conditions. a popular gun, a.k.a. lemonssqueezer
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Correct call, Gentlemen...! Nice Piece...........

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys..It belongs to my brother as the nicer ones do..Maybe I can get him to make a will...

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Safety hammerless 5th model cute but unfortunately not valuable.