In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 700 BDL 22 250

kdmranchkdmranch Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
I looked at a 700 BDL today that puzzles me. I think that it may be a early version. But I cant find anything to support my thoughts. Hopefully someone here can help. The serial # is 195349. It has an aluminum magazine trap door, the pressed wood checkering is quite different than the current 700, it is more rounded. The bolt is not jeweled. If more info is needed I can get it tomorrow. Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When cocked,..did the cocking peice protrude from uder the bolt shroud? Did it look slightly longer when cocked,..i.e. the internal portion of the bolt look to be bigger? and was the internal peice silver and not blued as on the newer models? Did the safety lever look different? Maybe flatter and lower on the tang?

If so,..this is what is refered to as the "flat safety" model and is the older model 700 action. No performance or accuracy difference,..but the barrel throat is probably pre-lawyer and shorter making it a better rifle for factory ammo as well as handloads if left in it original configuration. many of these also came in the factory wood stock but with a blued heavy barrel.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    scottscott Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like a mid-60's to early 70's gun...there is a letter code on the right hand side of the barrel where it meets the reciever that will tell you the year of manufacture, if you give it,you can get the year...